Principal Developer, Software (Pipeline Tooling)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Principal Developer, Software (Pipeline Tooling)
The Principal Developer, Software (Pipeline tooling) is afull-stack technologist with the initiative and passion for rapidly reducing solution time to market via continuous delivery. Work on complex challenges in a true team-oriented environment to lead and create enterprise delivery pipelines. Enthusiastic about exciting opportunities to build sustainable products using agile and continuous delivery best practices. Well versed in techniques such as continuous delivery to establish faster feedback cycles.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in continuous integration/continuous delivery architecture and design, customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus, and productive innovation.
- 7+ years Hands-on experience with continuous integration and its real-world role in delivering software.
- Proven expertise with DevOps and tool chain associated with it, such as Jenkins,Ansible, Puppet and other deployment automation technologies.
- Has had technical leadership experience large scale projects, providing leadership to junior developers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- At least four years of software development background (Java preferred)
- Direct experience with application servers and development frameworks
- Minimum 3 year experience in designing and developing applications on relational databases (MySQL, MS-SQL etc) as well as No-SQL (MongoDB, Cassandra etc).
- Has experience working with business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
The following technologies are not all mandatory, but the more coverage the more desirable the candidate..
- Platforms: Rails, Spring, J2EE, Axon (CQRS), Jenkins, Concourse(plus),
- Databases: MySQL, Oracle, JDBC, MongoDB, Postgres
- Testing/Verification tools: Cucumber, RSpec, IWebDriver, Appium, Frank, Calabash, SonarQube, Tripwire
- Build tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse, JUnit,, Artifactory
- Subversion, Git, Mockito, Selenium, Rake, Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Servers: Play Framework, Apache Tomcat, Websphere, Dropwizard
- Methodologies: Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, DevOps, Agile, XP, Test-driven development, Micro-services cloud native software development, REST APIs
B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Expert on all things related to Jenkins, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
- Read and understand a variety of code, help with code / code repo integration into CI/CD pipeline.
- Cross functional collaboration and seeking a win-win partnership with all stakeholders.
- Accomplishset mission and objectives and create creating elegant software solutions.
- Focus on continuous integration (e.g., Jenkins), source code control systems (e.g., Git, SVN), build automation tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Expertisewith infrastructure surrounding typical production applications, such as routers, SSL termination, SSO systems, load balancers, web tier and databases
- Well versed in CI/CD methodology and employs and evangelizes continuous delivery best practices.
- Experience working in a true DevOps team, owning and supporting the code he/she writes. Not afraid to hold the pager during rotation.
- Learn and keep up to date with the latest SW development methodology, tools, technologies and principles
- When recurring questions are identified, writing technical content to increase the Knowledge Base and creating videos/webcasts and other content
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top