Principal Developer, Software Environment Automation-LINUX
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Principal Developer, Software Environment Automation-LINUX
The Principal Developer, automation engineer will drive the initiative to automate EVERYTHING. Work on complex challenges in a true team-oriented environment to lead and maximize automation for all deployment and provisioning tasks around applications. Enthusiastic about exciting opportunities to build sustainable and modular automation solutions using agile and continuous delivery best practices. Well versed in techniques such as continuous delivery to establish faster feedback cycles.
Enterprise Core Competencies: Requires competency in software architecture and design, customer focus, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, results focus and productive innovation.
- 7+ years knowledge of Systems Administration experience, with Linux based systems
- 3+ Experience in treating, codifying, managing and testing infrastructure as code
- Has had technical leadership experience large scale projects, providing leadership to junior developers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Has experience working with business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Experience working in a true DevOps team – Wwning and supporting the code the individual writes.
- On call rotation availability.
- Constant learning and ability keep up-to-date with the latest softwaredevelopment methodlogy, tools, technologies and principles.
- Experience using scripting tools (PHP, C#, Powershell, Python, Ansible, Puppet) to facilitate the creation of utilities to automate day-to-day workflows
- Highly proficient in build and code quality tools (GIT, Hudson/Jenkins)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, reliability, perseverance, patience, and flexibility are a must
- Experience with API-based microservices applications designed for cloud native platforms (containers, PaaS, cloud foundry.
- The following technologies are not all mandatory, but the more coverage the more desirable the candidate..
- Platforms: VirtualBox, Vagrant for DevOps / automation, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Operating Systems: Deep unix/linux system administration (Redhat and Oracle Linux), scripting, operations and management expertise.
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres
- Servers: Apache Tomcat, Websphere
- Tools: Systems Management tools (nagios, zenoss, graphite, grafana, ELK, etc),
- Methodologies: Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, DevOps, Agile, XP, Test-driven development, Micro-services cloud native software development, REST APIs
Education-Minimum Required: B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Automate infrastructure tasks so that they can be achieved consistently, quickly, and at the scale our business needs demand
- Create and maintain knowledge documentation
- Read and understand prior automation written in Puppet, Cloud Formation etc .
- Advanced skillset in writing Ansible code
- Develop and maintain Automation and automation test harnesses
- Work independently on multiple projects that are critical to the success of our team while still being able to maintain focus on day to day operational duties
- Workin a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Maintain a high degree of self-motivation and independent decision-making
- Interactwith relational database environments; this includes constructing complex queries to proactively identify system trends and for troubleshooting application issues— Working with SQL and have demonstrated experience being able to build complex queries to produce usable data sets
- Buildautomated test suites, tools, and automated test cases to validate the correct behavior of the system
- Excellent soft skills around communications, empathy, cross-functional collaboration and seeking a win-win partnership with all stakeholders.
- Goal-oriented: Thrives and enjoys in accomplishing set mission and objectives. Takes pride in creating elegant software solutions.
- Evangelize that test code is as important as functional code.
- Employand evangelizecontinuous delivery best practices as well as CI/CD methodology.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top