Principal Developer, Software Developer in Test (SDET)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Principal Developer, Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Are you an engineer or computer scientist who has a passion for building great, high-quality enterprise software? Use your dedication to quality and software engineering to change wireless with the Uncarrier. Your work will involve finding ways to break our code, developing and implementing new automated tests, and discovering ways to improve the product we deliver to our customers. At T-mobile our SDETs are a core member of the development team and participate in the complete development lifecycle process. The SDET must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performant code. We are looking for an SDET with a passion for quality and experience in software processes, test automation, frameworks and Continuous Testing (CT).
An SDET is a software development engineer with a focus on testing practices and technologies. They have the core fundamentals of any software development engineer and at times can perform that role, depending on the needs of the team. SDETs will co-exist and complement functional testers within a team or organization to develop a comprehensive test strategy to maximize business value while minimizing risk. The SDET role is agnostic to any software delivery methodology (Waterfall, Scrum, etc) however the engagement model will differ slightly based on the SDLC.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience using 3 or more development languages (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, Siebel, Oblix, etc).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle
- Confidence and ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools such as [Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Lavbs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor] or other test frameworks
- Minimum 8 years professional experience using 3 or more automation tools (e.g., Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Lavbs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor, etc…).
- Minimum 5 years professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc
- Minimum 2 years professional experience using CA Service Virtualization or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience using issue-tracking software and agile project management systems.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on Unix or Windows environment, mobile platforms (Android or iOS) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Minimum 10 Years Application Development Experience.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a developer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has had agile development experience preferably in a CI/CT or DevOps environment..
- Specific work experience/skills required for each individual position to be updated by the hiring manager as these will vary depending upon whether the position develops user interfaces, middle tier and/or interfaces, database, business intelligence, or packaged applications like Siebel or Rightpoint.
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- or equivalent experience.
Designs and develops applications to test the internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems features that support corporate business objectives.
The SDET is a member of a scrum team working with all team members and may mentor other team members on testing practices. The SDET will work under the guidance of testing leadership and be a contributing member to the test community.
- Design, develop, and maintain automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop product test strategy.
- Facilitate creation and execution of automated test suites.
- Analyze user requirements as well as product architecture/design to derive testing requirements.
- Design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing.
- Write and execute automated and manual tests as needed.
- Review source code for potential problems; reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes.
- Analyze code coverage using industry standard tools such as SonarQube.
- Assist in assessing product quality and release readiness.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) test automation for new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented test results. The test automation will encompass the full solution stack (UI, App Layer, API, Web Service, batch jobs, etc).
- Work with Test Data Management teams to provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the development process via a repeatable and automated process.
- Participate in reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Write clear test designs and test cases to suit the testing of both small scale and large scale deliverables.
- Write automated test scripts to provide an ongoing measure of the health of the product.
- Examine manual and automated test results todetermine (or help determine) root cause of failures.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top