Principal Developer, Software (Cloud)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Principal Developer, Software (Cloud)
The Principal Cloud Developer plays a key role in driving Digital Transformation through Innovation by building full stack applications, patterns and working with the Architecture & Development community to evangelize them. Principal Cloud Developer is responsible for developing/coding an end-to-end solution from initial concept through finished solution in the area of automated build, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure. Principal Cloud Developer will need the ability to quickly understand needs, from a user perspective, and move from there to a working prototype that captures the essence of what the product should be. The ability to not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modern scripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems. Principal Cloud Developer will work in a rapid environment where there aren't always clear specifications or rules about how something should be done, where its up to you to figure things out and keep things moving.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in software engineering
- Must be willing to travel approximately 20-30% of the time.
- Cloud Engineer Ceritifcation from any Cloud Provider is a PLUS
- Contributor of Opensource projects
- Shareable repos from GitHub, Docker and your AWS/GCP consoles
- Tech Geek
- Forward thinking; future state of IT mindset; driven by innovation.
- Refuses to accept the status quo and not afraid to take risk.
- Hacker who assembles POCs rapidly and then standarizes to operationalize them
- Proven success in building web hosted and/or cloudbased implementation and/or operations, and experience in building and deploying Enterprise wide Digital applications.
- Experience leading information security/cyber security.
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills.
Desired Technology Experience:
- Highly competent in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, C#, VB.NET or Objective-C
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure , GCP cloud technologies etc.
- Experience with a server-side web application technology such as: Node.js, SpringBoot
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies (Angular JS, , Bootstrap, React JS, JQuery)
- Hands-on coding experience developing and designing software and/or responsive web-based solutions (adaptive design)
- Solid understanding of software development frameworks, architecture concepts and terminology
- Competent using version control systems such as GIT, SVN, VSS
- Well-versed, having worked with continuous integration and development (CI/CD) methodologies
- API First - RESTful APIs Secured using OpenIDConnect
- Cloud native Platforms
- Cloud Native Microservices Docker, Cloud Foundry, BlueMix
- Cloud Datastores In-Memory/Persistent, NOSQL / Relational
- Cloud Native Messaging Models RabbitMQ, Kafka, ZeroMQ
- Logging & Telemetry using tools like SPLUNK, ELK, InfluxDB, Grafana, CloudWatch, New Relic, DataDog
- Networking knowledge VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, Internet Gateways
As our new Principal Cloud Developer for TMUS you will:
- Write high-quality code and mentor others to do the same
- Lead the development efforts for cloud-based applications and infrastructure by building POCs and working with Dev Team to implement and operationalize them
- Integrate systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON and others
- Create development standards/guidelines for app teams, help them follow the DevOps model
- Develop support documentation for acceptance of systems changes into production
- Participate in code reviews and walkthroughs of technical specifications with other members of the technical team
- Communicate design, requirements, functionality and limitations of systems/applications
- Lead by example driving engineering expertise across the full stack TMUS technology portfolio.
- Develop and drive a technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile development and test methodology, flexible teaming, knowledge sharing and talent transformation.
- Provide technical leadership, inspiration and guidance to this growing development team; foster a culture of transparency, collaboration and innovation.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) or related fieldT-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top