Principal Developer, Software
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Principal Developer, SoftwareFunctional/Technical Skills:
- Ability to direct the work of other developers in a lead role.
- Knowledgeable about Wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies
- Competent in two or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Expert Knowledge of Cloud native application development required
- Expert Knowledge of Microservices architecture style is required
- Expert Knowledge of Middleware and SOA Technologies
- Expert Knowledge of Apigee and TIBCO is desired
- Expert Knowledge of Telecom domain knowledge is desired
- Expert Knowledge of Business Process Management technologies
- Minimum 8+ years in business environment
- Minimum 10+ years as software or systems architect, engineer, programmer
Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline. Technology certifications (such as Java, Microsoft, Oracle) a plusPrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains expertise as a SME in three or more middleware technical disciplines and defines architectural standards and best practices within those disciplines.
- Interacts with Senior management to effect solutions for enterprise business requirements
- Guide Architectural focus groups as prime subject-matter expert in area of expertise.
- Mentors team members on new technologies in area of expertise
- Prepares and maintains documents that include architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps in area of expertise
- Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in systems and procedures across the organization as well as design and recommendation on new solutions both in relation to hardware and software design.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct technical evaluation of third party products for inclusion in T-Mobile solutions Help define software development processes
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Understands the business processes on Projects Assigned
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements and assist other team members in implementing the solution
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top