Principal Developer, Software Automation - Linux
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Developer, Software Automation - Linux
Seeking a senior automation engineer with the initiative to automate EVERYTHING. Has the ability to work on complex challenges in a true team-oriented environment to lead and maximize automation for all deployment and provisioning tasks around applications. Enthusiastic about exciting opportunities to build sustainable and modular automation solutions using agile and continuous delivery best practices. Well versed in techniques such as continuous delivery to establish faster feedback cycles.
- 7+ years knowledge of Systems Administration experience, with Linux based systems
- 3+ Experience in treating, codifying, managing and testing infrastructure as code
- Technical leadership experience large scale projects, providing leadership to junior developers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Experience working with business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- The following technologies are not all mandatory, but the more coverage is highly preferred:
- Platforms: VirtualBox, Vagrant for DevOps / automation, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Operating Systems: Deep unix/linux system administration (Redhat and Oracle Linux), scripting, operations and management expertise.
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres
- Servers: Apache Tomcat, Websphere
- Tools: Systems Management tools (nagios, zenoss, graphite, grafana, ELK, etc),
- Methodologies: Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, DevOps, Agile, XP, Test-driven development, Micro-services cloud native software development, REST APIs
B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Automate Infrastructure tasks so that they can be achieved consistently, quickly, and at the scale our business needs demand
- Create and maintain knowledge documentation.
- Read and understand prior automation written in Puppet, Cloud Formation etc.
- Advanced skillset in writing Ansible code.
- Develop and maintain Automation' and automation test harnesses.
- The ability to work independently on multiple projects that are critical to the success of our team while still being able to maintain focus on day to day operational duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, reliability, perseverance, patience, and flexibility are a must
- Must enjoy working in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Maintain a high degree of self-motivation and independent decision-making
- Strong background in interacting with relational database environments; this includes constructing complex queries to proactively identify system trends and for troubleshooting application issues-- must be comfortable working with SQL and have demonstrated experience being able to build complex queries to produce usable data sets.
- Use scripting tools (PHP, C#, Powershell, Python, Ansible, Puppet) to facilitate the creation of utilities to automate day-to-day workflows
- Highly proficient in build and code quality tools (GIT, Hudson/Jenkins)
- Build automated test suites, tools, and automated test cases to validate the correct behavior of the system
- Excellent soft skills around communications, empathy, cross-functional collaboration and seeking a win-win partnership with all stakeholders.
- Goal-oriented: Thrives and enjoys in accomplishing set mission and objectives. Takes pride in creating elegant software solutions.
- Experience with API-based microservices applications designed for cloud native platforms (containers, PaaS, cloud foundry)
- Belief that test code is as important as functional code.
- Well versed in CI/CD methodology and employs and evangelizes continuous delivery best practices.
- Experience working in a true DevOps team, owning and supporting the code he/she writes. Not afraid to hold the pager during rotation
- Continuous development with the latest SW development methodlogy, tools, technologies and principles
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top