Principal Developer, Software
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Principal Developer, Software
This Prinicipal Developer, Software will be both deep and broad in their technical expertise, and also bridges the gap between development and operations with their ability to take on issues, research root cause, and push toward ultimate long-term solutions. The Principal Developer, Software will be capable of understanding different customer facing applications design, guiding their performance and tuning requirements, build the scripts and execute, prepare the Systems Architecture, Performance Plan, and Framework then present it to the teams. Ability to answer all the technical questions and doubts presented by the clients on Systems architecture and tuning. Finally, publish the results and recommendations hand offs to application support teams. This position requires expertise in System design, Performance Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering including Availability, Latency, Performance, Efficiency, and Change Management, Monitoring, Emergency response and Capacity Planning of their service.
- 7-10 years of experience in System design, Performance Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering including Availability, Latency, Performance, Efficiency, Change Management, Monitoring, Emergency response and Capacity Planning of their services:
- Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, thread usage, Garbage collection, and DB connection to verify the performance of the Application.
- Analyze the network connections and logs to troubleshoot any network issues
- Expert in Performance Testing and Scripting using LoadRunner
- Experience in setting up monitoring tool such as Wily, Dynatrace, HP Performance Center 12, HP diagnostics
- Load test execution and work with project management determining the number of virtual users to be used during the performance test.
- Generate performance graphs using tools like Splunk etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar degree.
- Expert in Software Development, Systems Architecture, Performance Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering.
- Expert on Java, TIBCO and Database related technologies in the industry.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in one or more core Performance and Analysis tools (LoadRunner, HP Performance Center 12, Dynatrace, HP diagnostics, Wily, SOASTA)
- Ability to support performance design patterns, architecture reviews, capacity planning, code profiling, and root cause analysis.
- Should be capable to utilize performance/monitoring tools, analyzing results, resolving performance related issues to include optimization and tuning recommendations.
- Work closely with development on the design and implementation of enhancements based on the tuning recommendations.
- Coordinate and prioritize all escalated activities, including testing, project management and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Maintain cross-business responsibilities by providing end-user support to multiple organizations within the company when issues arise.
- Frequent interaction with the business to integrate knowledge of the business and functional priorities.
- Assess critical path and assist in implementation of any project required by the business.
- Available to provide 24 × 7 support as required
- Transfer knowledge to other members of the team as well as across to other groups.
- Ad-Hoc reporting in special situations
- Validate the code provided by development is efficient and accurately addresses performance issues reported.
- Assist in exploring of new software as escalated
- Produce the hand-off / exit report for application support teams.
- Mentor Systems Architects and other team members.
- Lead multiple projects/efforts and produce efficient results.
- Lead contractors and manage their day to day activities.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top