Principal Developer, Software
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDesigns and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Principal Developer acts as the development and technical lead on complex projects, contributing to strategic vision and technical decisions, participating in vendor analysis and selection projects, introducing process improvements, completing proof of concept projects for introduction of changes to our architecture, and providing oversight on the work of other technical staff.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 10 Years Application Development Experience.
- Has had technical leadership experience on at least 5 large scale projects, providing leadership to at least 4 developers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience using 3 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, Siebel, Oblix, etc.)
- Minimum 10 Years Application Development Experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on two RDBMS (Oracle, SQL 2000, Teradata).
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on two operating systems (Unix, Windows 2000, etc.) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Minimum of ten years work experience as a developer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has experience working with at least 5 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Specific work experience/skills required for each individual position to be updated by the hiring manager as these will vary depending upon whether the position develops user interfaces, middle tier and/or interfaces, database, business intelligence, or packaged applications like Siebel or Rightpoint.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Utilize planning and leadership skills to oversee development deliverables as required to implement new systems capabilities.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical and architectural specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top