Principal Architects, Enterprise
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
Principal Architects, Enterprise play a key role in shaping T-Mobile's technology strategy by applying expertise in technology architecture and software development.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Implement large scale, complex cloud based Platform as Service Platform [PaaS].
- Design and Drive transformation in Data Center Infrastructure and DevOps teams through automation and self-service interfaces.
- Define multi-tenant application architecture and deployment models to efficiently leverage Cloud infrastructure and Platform as service capabilities.
- Define Auto-Scaling workflows, metrics and policies to handle seasonal demands of complex eCommerce web applications.
- Participate in reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Apply experience explaining difficult concepts to decision makers to help shape technology strategy.
- Apply highly competent experience in programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, C#, VB.NET or Objective-C.
- Apply experience with designing, developing and managing AWS or Azure cloud technologies, big data, and/or map-reduce;
- Apply experience programming with a server-side web application technology including: Node.js, JSP, ASP.NET;
- Apply experience using continuous integration and development (CI/CD) methodologies and tools (including BitBucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef).
Functional and Technical Skills:
Applicant's experience must include:
- Highly competent in programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, C#, VB.NET or Objective-C;
- Experience with designing, developing and managing AWS or Azure cloud technologies, big data, and/or map-reduce;
- Experience programming with a server-side web application technology including: Node.js, JSP, ASP.NET;
- Well-versed, having used continuous integration and development (CI/CD) methodologies and tools (including BitBucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef).
Experience and Education:
Applicant must have a bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, computer science, related field or its equivalent plus 7 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate relevant experience. In lieu of a bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant work experience, will accept a master's degree in engineering, business administration, computer science, related field or its equivalent plus 5 years of progressively responsible relevant experience.
- Location: Bellevue, WA
- Timeframe: Full-time
- Employer is currently not sponsoring work visas.
How to Apply:
- Visit https://tmobile.jobs/
- Create a candidate profile and apply to requisition # 89407BR.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top