Principal Architect, Systems - End to End Design
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The end to end design team within Enterprise IT drives delivery of complex initiatives supporting the Un-Carrier vision! This role will be focused on delivering business critical initiatives across supply chain, order to cash, procure to pay, campaign management, customer messaging, business intelligence, consumer financing, payments, credit, enterprise resource planning, human resources, corporate and legal systems. The end to end team is comprised of holistic thinking analysts, architects and managers who leverage their experience, business literacy, technical depth, and pragmatic do whatever it takes mentality to deliver complex technology solutions for our business. Excited to bring in leaders who will help align the enterprise, promote great design, challenge the status quo, frame decisions, negotiate good outcomes and do what it takes to fill gaps to deliver!
The Principal Systems Architect End to End Design is responsible for designing creative and scalable systems and software solutions that address business/technical needs or challenges on the web from End to End. Defines and maintains architecture and technology standards and best practices for applications, middleware, and databases including both in-house development as well as third-party applications. Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices. Evaluates and recommends technologies and techniques for applicability to T-Mobile systems.Minimum Required
- Minimum 8+ years in business environment.
- Minimum 8+ years as software or systems architect, engineer, programmer.
- Ability to direct the work of other architects in a lead role.
- Experience in B2C online e-commerce systems architecture and design, preferably with background in Commerce Engine Platform such as IBM WebSphere Commerce.
- Experience in web experience management technologies included but not limited to self-services, content management, search, analytics, and marketing automation preferably with knowledge in Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience in architecture and design of mobile web applications included responsive design and hybrid model for device native applications.
- Knowledgeable about Wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies.
- Competent in two or more of the following technical disciplines: Expert Knowledge of Object Oriented Languages & Concepts; Java required Expert Knowledge of ecommerce platforms; n-Tier required, Expert Knowledge of Middleware and SOA Technologies; Expert Knowledge of Presentation tier technologies: web portal required. Expert Knowledge of systems Security technology. Expert Knowledge of Business Process Management technologies.
- Strong Understanding on DevOps, Microservice, Cloud Native Service and API based architecture.
- Bachelors Degree. Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline. Technology certifications (such as Java, Microsoft, Oracle) are a plus.
- Provides direct technical evaluation of third party products for inclusion in T-Mobile solutions. Helps define software development processes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Understands the business processes on projects assigned.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements and assist other team members in implementing the solution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top