Principal Architect, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAs a Principal Solution Architect, you will Architect, design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Solutions with focus on Supply Chain and Finance domain. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of TMUS Information architecture while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world class solutions. This position will work very closely Leadership, Solution Architects and Development team members to build out and execute the Business Intelligence Strategy.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, and results focus.
Minimum of 10+ years of experience on Information technology implementations
Minimum of 5 years of experience architecting solutions for BI and Marketing applications using following technologies
o Teradata and related technologies
o Hadoop and related technologies
o Business Objects, Tableau and other similar reporting tools
o Cloud based BI and Data warehouse implementations (e.g. AWS, Azure)
o Informatica and other similar data integration and ingestion technologies
Minimum of 5 years of experience architecting solutions for BI and Marketing applications by integrating data from enterprise systems into a data lake and data warehouse environments listed above.
Experience with a variety of information architecture components such as MDM, data warehousing, data quality, business intelligence, metadata management, content management, Big Data, NoSQL, SOA, etc.
Knowledge on industry standard architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Archimate etc.)
Ability to collaborate with business users of various domains to understand business intelligence, marketing and analytical requirements.
Experience collaborating with enterprise and domain architects.
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Ability to advocate business and Information Technology leadership on opportunities around BI and Marketing capabilities
Skilled in applying strategic architecture direction to project delivery using standard engagement methods
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math or Science Capacity
- Compile, develop, and deliver architectural guardrails; influence stakeholders and ensure compliance with architectural guardrails within many technology domains that support the needs of project teams to reliably launch marketing application enhancements including CRM
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide issues to team. Lead the architects and the rest of the team members in the team in coaching them around the areas of their function
- Mentor team members including on best practices in area of expertise. Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain
Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements. Determine how to leverage technology to create solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, estimate and recommend optimized solutions for business opportunities.
- Provide critical architectural inputs during RFI and RFP process.
- Determine and validate potential data sources, build validation plan, assisting with or building scripts, executing the scripts, and communicating results in non-production environment
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
- Create High Level Solution Design (HLSD) in support of Enterprise Projects and present HLSD to senior leadership during Capital Assessment reviews.
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality, and process flows.
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solution.
- Educate organization on available and emerging toolsets.
- Present solutions to clients, project teams, and other stakeholders adapting style to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Attention to detail, time management, work prioritization, multi-tasking, estimate tasks, on-time deliverables and task delegation & follow up
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to define service delivery landscape
Work in an ambiguous, large and complex organization on tight-timelines with DBA team to ensure set-up of environment.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top