Principal Architect, Systems
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Architect, Systems
The Principal Architect role is a technical leader within the EIT organization, responsible for shaping the products used by tens of millions of customers, as well as our world-class, award-winning Frontline teams that support them. The environment is fast-paced and challenging, but extremely rewarding as the latest technologies are applied to an ever-expanding array of product offerings and unique business challenges.
This role will be accountable for the technical execution of projects and the evolution of products. It will touch on R&D activities, prototyping new patterns and technologies, and providing operational support for production systems, as needed. While not a developer position, the candidate must be comfortable interacting with code and with developers, often coaching, participating in code reviews, contributing to evolving coding standards, patterns and best practices.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience in the IT/Software Development.
- Practical experience designing, building and supporting production systems at scale.
- Cloud experience with at least one of the big three. This must include immutable infrastructure principles, as well as working knowledge of the challenges of building (and supporting) cloud-native applications.
- API-first development and Domain-Driven Design principles.
- Containers in some form (Docker preferred), and the accompanying pipeline automation that allows for rapid and safe deployments (CI/CT/CD).
- Proficiency in at least two programming languages (Clojure doesn't count).
- Working understanding of security and privacy principles, and how that relates to system design and application design. This may include elements of threat modeling, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, key management, x509 certificates, etc.
- The ability to self-motivate and work independently with geographically disparate teams
- Great sense of humor and passion for technology
- Burning desire to run hard and make a difference
- Mobile development / mobile architectures are a plus, including mobile software lifecycle management.
- Modern web development is a plus -- specifically, Angular. Bonus points for mobile web development.
- Experience building large scale telemetry and data visualizations for cloud-based web & mobile devices.
- Ability to dig deep into data and provide insights and discover patterns.
- NoSQL Data Stores (Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.)
- Agile SDLC experience
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration
- Experience with systems design under some kind of regulatory compliance (e.g., SOX, HIPAA, CPNI)
- Telecom experience is a plus
- eCommerce experience a plus
Bachelor's Degree Computer science or related field.
- Design systems/subsystems to meet business requirements. Sometimes these are new systems, or changes to existing systems, or refactoring of legacy systems from "Enterprise Monolith" into "Nouveau Digital" (yes, Microservices are the new Black!)
- Document the designs appropriately -- lean principles apply here, and often the documentation includes code elements (e.g., swagger for API specifications) and epics/user stories.
- Work with broader team to define technical roadmaps for products and technologies, then translate those roadmaps into tactics and user stories for the backlogs.
- Work outside the organization to evolve the technical aptitude and overall efficiency of the greater department, and the company as a whole.
- Relentlessly raise the bar on product features and processes. Be an advocate for the customer, never settle for performance that is "good enough", never stop learning.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top