Principal Architect, Systems
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Billing Domain Principal Architect leads individual development projects to design software solutions that address business and technical needs or challenges. The Domain Architect translates the project's business and technical requirements into a high-level solution design, provides technical direction and guidance to the project team, and is responsible for the overall technical soundness of the solution.
The purpose of the Principal Architect's role is to ensure that the business applications implemented at T-Mobile are of high quality, meet effectively their objectives, and support long-term IT strategy. Principal Architect also tracks closely the latest technology development in the industry and leads technology strategy roadmap development for the Billing domain. This architect will be focused on Existing and Next Generation Billing System (BSS/OSS) domain architecture and design.
- Must have performed in the role of a lead architect on Existing and Next Generation Billing Systems (BSS/OSS).
- Proficiency in Amdocs, Ericsson and other telecom BSS/OSS systems.
- Experience with full software-development lifecycle understanding and appreciation of the inception, design, construction, deployment and management aspects of a solution.
Applied knowledge of multiple software development methodologies/processes (e.g., agile, waterfall, RUP).
- Proficiency with software modeling techniques and notations for documenting various aspects of the solution (use-cases, object-, data- and process-modeling, UML, ERD).
- Previous experience with telecommunications and telephony industry is highly desirable.
- Understanding of business integration issues and technologies.
Familiarity with IT industry standards, technologies and best practices.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Lead teams and individuals.
- Plan projects (identify tasks, resources, deliverables; estimate effort).
- Perform negotiations (negotiate resolutions of issues that impact project success).
- Ability to effectively identify and frame problems, and to produce timely and thoughtful decisions.
- Team player.
- Understand his/her own limitations and/or lack of knowledge and seek assistance where appropriate.
- Willingness to work within the established technology stack/framework.
- Must possess maturity, vision, breadth and depth of experience that allows for grasping issues quickly and making educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
Proficiency with digital technologies and architecture principles including cloud technologies, REST standards, API-first design, Microservices patterns / anti-patterns and Digital Axioms.
- Must become familiar with T-Mobile's IT environment within the Billing Telecom systems, in particular Existing and Next Generation Billing (BSS/OSS) in order to be effective as an architect.
- Perform the role of a Domain Architect on development projects, which includes the responsibilities outlined below.
- Analyze, clarify and refine project??s business and technical requirements.
Develop and document the Solution Architecture for the project:
- Define the solution in terms of its structural components and their interrelationships. Identify and specify interfaces between software components, applications and systems, and detail their interactions in support of the solution's functionality.
- Define the functional attributes (incl. performance/throughput, availability, capacity, security) of components and interfaces at a level sufficient to baseline the functional specification and to allow effort estimation.
- Establish the most effective approach to integration of the solution's new and existing components (client legacy systems, application packages, business services, databases, etc.).
- Define the interface/integration techniques (e.g., synchronous, asynchronous, message queuing, request/reply, publish/subscribe, transaction rollback and compensation) and communication protocols and formats (JMS, web services, XML, FTP).
- Perform component placement recommend alternatives for allocation of business functions to architecture components.
- Assess the technical integrity and risks inherent in a solution and propose mitigation steps, such as technical design alternatives, prototyping or requirements changes.
- Develop and recommend solution alternatives; asses their trade-offs in terms of their business viability, technical attributes, and costs.
- Assess how the solution architecture meets expectations for performance, scalability, availability, reliability, usability, maintainability, extensibility and self-recovery.
- Advise on tools, organization, processes and procedures needed to deliver, support and operate the proposed solution on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
- May participate in detail design, testing strategy, performance tuning, monitoring, environment setup, code reviews.
- Assess Billing domain technology gaps and provide thought leadership into technology roadmap development
- Leads Billing domain level development on architecture best practices and guidelines
Coach and develop junior team membersWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top