Principal Architect, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
The Principal Architect will be focused on back-office, financial, and payment systems supporting E2E Design organization
- Ability to direct the work of other architects in a lead role.
- Experience in telecommunications back-office processes and applications including controls and reconciliation, billing, payment processing, revenue management and financial reporting, commissions, and supply chain
- Experience with digital architecture principles and modern web design principles
- Experience in architecture and design of mobile web applications included responsive design and hybrid model for device native applications.
- Knowledgeable about Wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies
- Competent in two or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Expert Knowledge of Object Oriented Languages & Concepts; Java required
- Expert Knowledge of back-office financial and payment processing platforms
- Expert Knowledge of Middleware and SOA Technologies
- Expert Knowledge of Digital Architecture and Microservices
- Expert Knowledge of Presentation tier technologies: web portal required.
- Expert Knowledge of systems Security technology.
- Expert Knowledge of Business Process Management technologies
- Minimum 8+ years in business environment
- Minimum 8+ years as software or systems architect, engineer, programmer
- Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline. Technology certifications (such as Java, Microsoft, Oracle) a plus
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains expertise as a SME in two or more web and digital architecture technical disciplines and defines architectural standards and best practices within those disciplines.
- Analyzes complex technology designs against business needs and recommends technical solutions.
- Leads the overall technical design and end-to-end solution design. Reviews and identifies the gaps in the architecture and solution designs, assesses and defines remediation efforts or mitigation options.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Interacts with Senior management to effect solutions for enterprise business requirements
- Guide Architectural focus groups as prime subject-matter expert in area of expertise.
- Mentors team members on new technologies in area of expertise
- Prepares and maintains documents that include architecture diagrams, data models, and API / microservices architectures
- Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in systems and procedures across the organization as well as design and recommendation on new solutions both in relation to hardware and software design.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct technical evaluation of third party products or solutions for inclusion in T-Mobile solutions. Help define software development processes
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Understands the business processes on projects assigned
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements and assist other team members in implementing the solution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top