Principal Architect, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Principal Systems Architect is responsible for designing creative and scalable systems and software solutions that address business/technical needs or challenges on the web. Defines and maintains architecture and technology standards and best practices for applications, middleware, and databases including both in-house development as well as third-party applications. Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices.Functional/Technical Skills
- Ability to direct the work of other architects in a lead role.
- Knowledgeable about Wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies
- Expertise in Object Oriented Languages (Java required), Middleware (Tibco), SOA, and Web Services
- Expertise in Microservices, RESTful API, and OAuth
- Expertise in API Management (Apigee)
- Expert Knowledge of Information and System Security
- Expert Knowledge of Business Process Management technologies
- Minimum 8+ related work experience
- Minimum 10+ years as software or systems architect, engineer, programmer
Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline. Technology and Architecture certifications (such as TOGAF, Java, Microsoft, Oracle) a plusPrimary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a technical resource for business, solution, and development teams to help define, estimate, and propose solutions for business opportunities
- Seek to understand how people, processes, and technology interact to perform the fundamental activities of the business in both current and future states, and model these interactions to guide technology strategy.
- Design creative and scalable systems and software solutions that address business/technical needs or challenges on MVNO/MVNE/M2M/IOT platform.
- Prepares and maintains documents that include architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps in area of expertise
- Present solutions to clients, project teams, and other stakeholders adapting style to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solution.
- Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in systems and procedures across the organization
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Mentors team members on new technologies in area of expertise
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Provide direct technical evaluation of third party products for inclusion in TMUS solutions.
- Educate organization on available and emerging technology and toolsets.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top