Principal Architect, Systems
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Principal Systems Architect is responsible for designing creative and scalable systems and software solutions that address business/technical needs or challenges on the web. Defines and maintains architecture and technology standards and best practices for applications, middleware, and databases including both in-house development as well as third-party applications. Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices. Evaluates and recommends technologies and techniques for applicability to T-Mobile systems.
- Minimum 8+ years in business environment
- Minimum 8+ years as software or systems architect, engineer, programmer
- Ability to direct the work of other architects in a lead role.
- Experience in B2C online e-commerce systems architecture and design, preferably with background in IBM WebSphere Commerce.
- Experience in web experience management technologies included but not limited to self-services, content management, search, analytics, and marketing automation preferably with knowledge in Adobe CQ5.
- Experience in architecture and design of mobile web applications included responsive design and hybrid model for device native applications.
- Knowledgeable about Wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies
- Competent in two or more of the following technical disciplines: Expert Knowledge of Object Oriented Languages & Concepts; Java required Expert Knowledge of ecommerce platforms; n-Tier required, IBM desired Expert Knowledge of Middleware and SOA Technologies Expert Knowledge of Presentation tier technologies: web portal required. Expert Knowledge of systems Security technology. Expert Knowledge of Business Process Management technologies
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Provide direct technical evaluation of third party products for inclusion in T-Mobile solutions. Help define software development processes
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Understands the business processes on projects assigned
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements and assist other team members in implementing the solution.
- Bachelors Degree. Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline. Technology certifications (such as Java, Microsoft, Oracle) a plus
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top