Principal Architect, Security
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.ThePrincipal Architectfor Security plays a key role in shaping the security of T-Mobile’s technology strategy by defining, enhancing, and implementing T-Mobile’s information security architecture. This role will apply expertise in architectural framework and design modeling, strategic planning and roadmap development, and technology analysis in order to provide a secure experience for T-Mobile’s Customers and protect critical assets from threats in the mobile and enterprise ecosystems. This role will seek to understand how people, processes, technology and security interact to perform the fundamental activities of the business in both current and future states, and model these interactions to guide security technology strategy in order to better achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the business.
- 7 years of technical security solutions experience in a combination of relevant Security areas.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of and experience implementing information security architecture concepts, principles, methods, and components.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of and experience implementing Information Assurance principles and organizational requirements relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation.
- Working knowledge of IT architectural concepts and frameworks.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with foundational technology concepts including:
- How system components are installed, integrated, and optimized,
- Computer networking fundamentals,
- How traffic flows across the network,
- Server and client operating systems and database systems,
- Network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring, fault tolerance), and tools,
- IT supply chain security/risk management policies, requirements, and procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with security objectives, operational objectives, and tradeoffs associated with the network design process.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with network access, identity and access management, and access authentication methods.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, and HTTP.
- Knowledge of cryptology and encryption algorithms (e.g., IPSEC, AES, GRE, IKE, MD5, SHA, 3DES).
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with the implementation of data security standards / guidance and regulatory / contractual information security requirements.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with foundational security concepts including:
- Risk management processes, including steps and methods for assessing risk.
- Secure configuration mgmt. techniques.
- Security test and evaluation processes.
- Secure system design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Secure software engineering / development principles and methods.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and associated technologies
Work cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobile’s business goals, business architectures, technology and security architectures – and strive to further T-Mobile’s business goals via evolution of T-Mobile’s architectures. Drive the evolution of security infrastructure, processes, products, and services by influencing decision makers. Compile, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology and security roadmaps that guide the evolution of security infrastructure, products, and services by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines
- Responsible for building effective working relationships, making sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results.
- Compile, develop, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology and security roadmaps that guide the evolution of security services, practices, products, and infrastructure by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines.
- Compile, develop, deliver, and evangelize security reference architectures and best practices that address critical security challenges and provide commercially responsible security guardrails for technology.
- Influence stakeholders and ensure alignment with security strategy and architecture principles by driving collaboration across the enterprise’s technology architecture functions, the inclusion of security strategy roadmaps into enterprise technology roadmaps, and the adoption of security reference architectures and best practices.
- Mentor team members on information assurance and security best practices in area of expertise.
- Serve as a subject matter expert across multiple security domains to guide technology and security strategy and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide security issues to team and decision makers.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top