Principal Architect, Enterprise
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Business Architecture team drives the connection of business strategy to ever-faster product delivery. Team members daily leverage their experience, business literacy, technical breadth, and a can do mentality to rapidly deliver insights to enable effective portfolio management and push measurable improvements to Magenta Business Capabilities. If you have a passion for customer experience and would like an opportunity to provide a world-class experience through the understanding and application of business architecture, this is the opportunity you want! We want leaders who are accountable, can align stakeholders and initiatives across the business, promote reusable design, challenge the status quo, frame decisions, negotiate good outcomes, and do what it takes to deliver! If this sounds like you, apply now!Requires competency in business process management, design thinking, user experience, relationship building & influence, stakeholder alignment and results focus.
- 7+ years related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis or Business Relationship Management roles
- 3+ years functioning as an Enterprise or Business Architect
- Strong understanding of and extensive experience with software development delivery methods (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, etc.) and tools preferred
- Extensive experience planning and deploying either business or IT initiatives
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- Ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used to extend and mature T-Mobile's architecture
- Ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy
- An enterprise-wide view of the business and an appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- Experience developing and using these high-level models as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Strong understanding of and experience using and applying TM Forum Frameworx (eTOM, TAM, and/or SID).
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Develop and strengthen partnerships. Strong facilitation and problem solving skills are necessary.
- Excellent business and technical communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to convey results in a persuasive manner and at the appropriate level of detail
- Knowledgeable about wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices
- Fluency in the use of all MS Office applications
- Bachelor's Degree. Minimum 4-year degree in business, computer science or related discipline.
- Preferred Six Sigma/Lean Experience, TMFORUM Frameworx, or Certified Business Architect
The Principal Business Architect plays a key role in shaping T-Mobile's strategic product portfolio by applying expertise in strategic analysis, business architecture, and functional, technical and organizational interdependencies.
- Core Responsibilities
- Perform and guide rapid enterprise assessment of project and product requests
- Connect business strategies to technology domains for delivery, leveraging well-defined structure of T-Mobile business processes, products and capabilities
- Enable consistent definition and composition of scope by domain product, process, experience or capability.
- Identify impacts and competing interests across all domains
- Extended Responsibilities
- Provide overall direction, guidance and definition of business architecture to effectively support business strategy.
- Apply and use business modeling methods to ensure results-oriented deliverables that can be leveraged and reused as a corporate knowledge resource available to project-level initiatives and executive decision making
- Develop an integrated view of the business using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques
- Develop business architecture artifacts including current state diagrams, future state diagrams, roadmaps, mapping to capability models and process frameworks, business process flows, enterprise business architecture, and metadata
- Review and assess work for coordination, completeness and integration with broader digital architecture vision
- Capture tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability throughout the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance
- Help implement business architecture leading practices and adopt approaches to obtain and measure positive business outcomes from their application
- Communicate complex business architecture concepts in a straightforward way that demonstrates practical application and value to both business and IT
- Develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Lead moderate to complex initiatives. Organize, conduct and facilitate cross-functional team meetings.
- Proactively work to reduce administrative work and improve efficiency.
- Ensure that documentation is collected, categorized and available to the team for reuse as appropriate in different projects
- Work with business leaders and act as a liaison between Business Units across TMUS enterprise and Information Technology (IT) Domains as well as other key business partners.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top