Principal Architect, Enterprise
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe enterprise architect plays a key role in shaping T-Mobile’s technology strategy by applying expertise in strategic analysis, business architecture, and technology architecture. This role will seek to understand how people, processes, and technology interact to perform the fundamental activities of the business in both current and future states, and model these interactions to guide technology strategy in order to better achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the business. You’ll work cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobile’s business goals, business architectures, and technology architectures and strive to further T-Mobile’s business goals via organic or inorganic evolution of T-Mobile’s architectures. Domain architectural coverage is generally 4 or more concurrent projects impacting the portfolio. Projects span many technology domains and/or business areas with a high degree of customization and complexity.Qualifications
- Has demonstrated depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines, such as Wireless telecom architecture, including Device, Access, Core, Transport, Customer systems, and/or Enterprise systems Enterprise Architecture Frameworks.
- Deep related domain expertise and demonstrated experience integrating business solutions such as Ariba and Fieldglass with SAP ECC through several paths including SAP PI/PO, web services and flat files.
- Ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy.
- Strong communication skills (written / verbal) with varied audiences.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience explaining difficult concepts to decision makers to help shape technology strategy.
- Experience modeling as-is and to-be architectures based on business requirements.
- Minimum 8-10 years related work experience.
Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Business Administration, or Related FieldEnterprise Core Competencies
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Procure-to-Pay subject matter expertise, with deep knowledge of procurement and accounts payable business processes and systems.
- Solid knowledge of SAP centric system architecture with high degree of integration with other on premise and cloud solutions.
- Experience in wide range of consulting assignments covering business process transformation, strategy development and SAP implementation in the area of Procure-to-Pay, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Collaboration, Supply Chain, Service Procurement and Contract Lifecycle Management.
- Experience with SAP Ariba, SAP Fieldglass, SAP SRM, OpenText and SAP ECC.
- Deep expertise in architecting integration between Ariba/Fieldglass cloud solutions and SAP ECC.
- Compile, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide the evolution of infrastructure, products, and services by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines.
- Compile, develop, and deliver architectural guardrails; influence stakeholders and ensure compliance with architectural guardrails within many technology domains that support the needs of products teams to reliably launch products and services.
- Compile, develop and deliver platform architectures that support the EIT goals for Service Availability, and Compliance with built-in Detective and Preventative Controls.
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers.
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide issues to team. Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top