Principal Architect, Data
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Architect, Data
The Principal Data Architect is responsible for designing creative and scalable systems and solutions that address business/technical needs or challenges. Defines and maintains architecture and technology standards and best practices for applications, middleware, and databases including both in-house as well as third-party solutions. Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices. Evaluates and recommends technologies and techniques for applicability to T-Mobile systems.
- Minimum 8+ years of Oracle, SQL Server Unix/Linux, Networking, VMWare, Backup/Restore, SAN Storage, and Golden Gate Replication experience.
- Minimum 8+ years working in IT Operations Technical Support and Administration.
- Ability to direct the work of other architects in a lead role.
- Experience with HP Voltage Encryption software (HPE Security).
- Knowledgeable about Wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's Degree. Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline.
License or Certification
- Technology certifications (such as Java, Microsoft, and Oracle) desired, but not required.
- Evaluate products/services by running POCs and Benchmarking activities in order to advocate technology selection after comparing competing options from various vendors, resulting in designing data replication architecture solutions and ensuring execution to vision, designs, and plans. Capacity planning, authorization, encryption and access management knowledge required.
- Ensure that core tenets of security, compliance, governance, and reliability are driving factors.
- Document and assess end-to-end requirements for data replication, storage, data transformation, data masking/obfuscation/redaction/anonymization and virtualization of data services.
- Communicate and translate business use cases into technical requirements; communicate and negotiate among stakeholders and outside vendors.
- Work across multiple stakeholder groups to define and clarify requirements, balance many priorities, and drive consensus over the final solutions and execution timelines.
- Drive the development of Data as a service and maintain the data architectural documentation and diagrams for Project Manager and Administrator to use as a guide for future deployments.
- Acquire and maintain technical expertise in cloud technologies to help move solutions from internal (on premise) Data Centers to the cloud when applicable and more cost-effective
- Self-driven and motivated individual would do well with highly skilled teammates on this team. Deliverables that constantly exceed expectations are the norm for this very busy team.
- LI-TECH-AE1 We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top