Principal Architect, Data
The Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) IT team is looking for a Principal Data Architect with strong background in Data Warehouse and an interest in driving a data driven culture through an optimized data architecture for delivering insights. This is a hands-on strategic role where the individual will be responsible in the overall design of the EDS data ecosystem including Integrated Data Warehouse (IDW), ODS and Hadoop Data Lake in addition to mentoring data architects and developing a roadmap of the future state data ecosystem. A person entering this role requires experience in data modeling, data architecture for near-real time data ingestion, API design, advanced reusable data profiling techniques, and design of semantic layer. The EDS team supports various business areas in achieving results including Internal IT, Finance, Marketing, Digital, Supply Chain, Care, and Sales.
- Work with IT and business management on architecture and design patterns alignment
- Responsible for driving design reviews ensuring integration of data across multiple domains and design of semantic layer for data access
- Architect, design, and build enterprise class relational and dimensional data models.
- Conduct industry research & trends for setting the direction of Information Architecture
- Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, and data governance.
- Build & maintain Reference Model Architecture and Standards for communicating direction of Information Architecture.
- Lead design and build the data architecture layer to drive solutions that will be implemented by the development teams.
- Work with the platform team in optimizing Data Architecture and optimize use of data assets for Data Science.
- Develop proof-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to define service delivery landscape
- Work with CIS team in delivering an architecture to support encryption and row-level data security
- Support the Data Governance and EDS metadata initiative
- Strong working knowledge of Teradata, Hive, HBase, and Postgres
- Experience in data architecture for handling streaming and batch data within a data warehouse landscape
- Understanding of Big Data technologies, Hadoop and modern data architectures like Spark and NoSQL structures
- Experience in AWS (S3, Redshift, RDS, etc.)
- Experience in distributed data processing framework such as Spark and MapReduce and data streaming such as Kafka, Spark streaming preferred
- Experience with API management solution such as Apigee, Mulesoft, AWS API Gateway, etc
- Strong programming skill with at least one of the following - Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Data modeling tools (Erwin, Power Designer) and standards.
- Experience with data profiling tools such as Ataccama, Trifacta, etc preferred
- Experience with ETL Tools such as Informatica BDM, etc
- Excellent SQL tuning knowledge and experience with Teradata Query Grid preferred
- Experience working with vendors to evaluate, select, and implement 3rd party solutions
- Demonstrates working knowledge of UML documentation of various business process and modeling to build Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models, and Event modeling
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- Minimum 12 Years BI data architecture experience.
- Minimum 8-9 years professional experience designing BI solutions on RDBMS Teradata version 14, 15 or 16
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Teradata, AWS or Hadoop preferred
- BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s Degree
Ã¢â,¬ At least 18 years of age.Ã¢â,¬ Legally authorized to work in the United States.Ã¢â,¬ High School Diploma or GED.Ã¢â,¬ Pre-employment background screen.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top