Principal Application Architect
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
The Application Architect is part of the Enterprise Architecture team that works with the application development teams, collaborating and team building across technology disciplines, coaching and mentoring engineers and participating in transformational change. Responsible for driving adoption of the latest technology models supporting the agile and micro-service based architectures. The Application Architect also contributes to the delivery of major business solutions. Responsible for leading the application technical architecture, participating in projects from a technology perspective. Develops applications, and often takes on more complicated programming responsibilities such as systems or back-end programming, assists technical staff and resolves any technical issues during the project. The Application Architect works on highly technical architecture initiatives, including but not limited to: research, tool evaluation, documenting patterns and standards, technology evaluation and recommendation, developing shared libraries and resources, and mentoring developers through hands-on assistance, training and some technical development.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 7+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Advanced IT system architecture, design, development, deployment experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of broad enterprise architecture concepts, disciplines, and capabilities.
- Manage stakeholder's expectations
- Demonstrated ability to leverage common design patterns, deployments patterns, architecture patterns, SOA patterns including REST, data services (e.g. OData) and enterprise APIs
- Adept with enterprise architecture concepts and terminology (EAI, SOA, ESB, REST)
- Relevant experience in large-scale data center architecture/design, middleware architecture, design patterns, application deployment methods, automation, testing, compliance, and auditing
- Service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services; including service provisioning, product catalog integration, and billing systems integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Ability to work in collaborative, cross functional, and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to assess and recommend cost-effective new tools technologies in accordance with the client 's strategic objectives
- Experience in submitting proof of concepts for technical changes
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to generate stakeholder buy-in and lead through influence at a senior management level.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science. (Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.)
License or Certification
Preferred: Master's Degree.
- Technical System Expertise: Deep understanding of system parameters, configurations, and how to alter them for desired results. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead teams and deliver complex network designs. Subject matter expert in the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Good understanding of adjacent processes and workflows.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects and team members by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise base through senior level engineers as needed. Will be expected to present project improvement scenarios to management for consideration. Creates procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize systems. Able to diagnose and redesign based on changing business requirements and objectives. Able to lead others through various scenarios and explain the variance and impact. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Develops, designs, and implements new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Investigative independent study and problem solving for non-routine tasks. Analyzes existing processes and vendor roadmaps to highlight upcoming technology changes that would make the processes or tools more effective within a given VP function. Drives to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Initiates and facilitates brainstorming sessions and product and process improvement dialogues.
- Technical Writing: Writes advanced documentation, architecture, capabilities, limitations, and advantages for technologies. Creates and modifies clear documentation on existing and new systems. Able to design and communicate technical system specifications and business requirements. Able to present complex ideas to non-technical audience. Creates and presents executive presentations. Participate in industry professional norms.
- Technical Leadership: Monitor and influence relevant industry technologies and standards. Present highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical decision-makers. Continuously learns, creates content, and teaches others specific subject areas. Informally coaches and contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Coach and develop engineers across functional teams on technology decisions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the VP organization. Understand financial decisions, including NPV and ROI, based on customer experience/business drivers.
- Supplemental Work collaboratively with Product owners, business customer and support organizations to set the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable technology solutions that will best suit their goals and objectives. Lead a micro-services oriented approach to architecting solutions to provide better agility and scalability for the services that IT offers to the business. Lead efforts to define cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices. Work closely in partnership with IT product managers to drive a rationalization of the IT applications landscape. Identify, deliver, and document the required artifacts to make solutions available, including strategy collateral, technical roadmaps, position statements, policies, standards, concepts, and logical specifications. After the architecture phase, the Architects actively consult throughout the execution phases, including design, engineering, migration, implementation, and operations. Then feed implementation and operational challenges back into architectural opportunities.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top