Principal Analyst, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Analyst, Systems
The Principal Analyst plays a key role in shaping T-Mobile’s technology strategy by applying expertise in strategic analysis, business architecture, and technology architecture. This role will seek to understand how people, processes, and technology interact to perform the fundamental activities of the business in both current and future states, and model these interactions to guide technology strategy in order to better achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the business. Work cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobile’s business goals, business architectures, and technology architectures and strive to further T-Mobile’s business goals via organic or inorganic evolution of T-Mobile’s architectures. Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers Compile, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide the evolution of infrastructure, products, and services by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines. Project architectural coverage generally: More than 4 concurrent projects span over many technology domains and/or business areas with a high degree of customization and complexity.. Delivery team size greater than 20-50.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 8-10 years related IT experience
- Has demonstrated depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines, such as Wireless telecom architecture, including Device, Access, Core, Transport, Customer systems, and/or Enterprise systems Enterprise Architecture Frameworks with dep related domain expertise
- Has demonstrated experience in more than one business domains & verticals, architecture disciplines (business, application, data, technology & security), with specialization in data and security architectures.
- Expertise in using architecture modeling tools SPARX and Rational products
- Has demonstrated experience in DevOps model leading the architecture in an agile manner ideally lived through multiple product releases and cycles
- Experience in architecting and building solutions on AWS & Azure.
- Experience in architecting RESTful services/API, microservices levering Swagger, Apigee.
- Ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy
- Strong communication skills (written / verbal) with varied audiences
- Experience explaining difficult concepts to decision makers to help shape technology strategy. Experience modeling as-is and to-be architectures based on business requirements
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering/Business Administration, or Related Field
- Compile, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide the evolution of infrastructure, products, and services by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines
- Compile, develop, and deliver architectural guardrails; influence stakeholders and ensure compliance with architectural guardrails within many technology domains that support the needs of products teams to reliably launch products and services
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide issues to team. Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top