Payroll Tax Sr. Program Manager
With the assistance of two dedicated Payroll Specialist, the Sr. Program Manager, Payroll Tax, works independently and is responsible for the accurate and timely filings and payments of employment taxes. This senior level position within the Payroll Service and Operations team will have extensive payroll tax expertise to perform a variety of project related work, audit expertise and management, troubleshoot payroll tax escalations and issues, and be the key partner on all payroll employment tax with internal and external stakeholders. A successful individual will have strong attention to detail who can not only dive deep into tax to drive impeccable compliance, but someone who can see the big picture to identify and drive improvements in how we manage payroll tax. This position will work closely with the Corporate tax group and Legal on tax matters related to employment and labor.
The position provides deep payroll tax subject matter expertise to the Payroll team and partners to drive process and system design and ensure compliance to tax regulations. Successful individual will be adept at prioritization and organization of tasks, assigned and unassigned at all times to achieve operational effectiveness and ensure T-Mobile and Puerto Rico tax responsibilities are met. Additional, this position will occasionally provide an analysis of emerging payroll tax trends or issues to ensure T-Mobile remains in compliance, proactively evaluates and implements new tax regulations or legislation.
This position is the front line of all employment taxes and is expected to interface with regulatory tax agencies on behalf of T-Mobile to ensure compliance and accurate payments of all employment taxes. This position will lead on tax audits both internal and external. This senior level position works in a highly collaborative team environment is expected to drive a positive culture with team mates through support, coaching and mentoring.
Requires competency in analysis, reporting, customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Prepare detailed verification, review, reconciliation and preparation of payroll tax remittances either internally or through the external vendor
- Through analytical audits of pay cycles, reconciliations and review of vendor invoice filings ensure tax filings are accurate and timely on a daily, monthly, quarterly or annual basis
- Lead the Payroll team through the yearend and quarterly tax process and payroll activities to ensure the timely and accurate creation of W-2 and other annual tax forms. Facilitate yearend and/or quarterly meetings, organizing timelines and deliverables for the team, ensure tasks are assigned and completed
- Represent HR Operations and Payroll team as a subject matter expert on company-wide projects and lead payroll tax specific projects from creation of timelines, facilitation of meetings, delegation of duties, manage to project plan, perform UAT testing, communicate timely to leaders on status, create test scripts and validate data.
- Drive best practices and standardization, increase automation, develop reconciliation procedures, identify and implement needed improvements of payroll tax department processes, procedures and audits to improve operational effectiveness, increase accuracy and/or ensure legal compliance.
- Support legal and tax compliance and be point of contact for requests from Corporate Legal, Finance, and Tax departments.
- Manage and lead internal and external audit requests, through scope, discovery and resolution
- Ability to disseminate complex tax matters and provide a concise summation to all levels of an organization
- Proactively communicate with team, management, appropriate process partners and /or customers to resolve any issues, that might prevent timely processing of employment taxes or result in data integrity issues. Escalate obstacles appropriately to ensure deliverables are not delayed.
- Using data driven analytics to improve and/or develop processes within the tax team to ensure compliance and accuracy are met or increased. Research and analyze payroll information to identify trends, issues, and drive accuracy.
- Provide stellar customer service to our employees, vendors, and partners. Drive positive efforts to improve customer service on a daily basis. Support escalations from customers, the Employee Care team, and Payroll Leadership.
- Monitor and support the ExPat and garnishment programs
- Be a team and partner resource to answer questions regarding all aspects of the payroll tax process
- Promote standard processes through documentation and training.
- 8-10 years of progressive payroll tax experience; less experience may be considered with advance degree and/or training.
- This position works independently and requires the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks, set priorities, solve problems, make decisions and have impeccable follow-through.
- High level of strategic agility, decision making and problem-solving skills, high business acumen, and demonstrated ability to manage through systems and drive innovation.
- The ability to apply strong analytical reasoning in problem assessment and resolution, conduct deep research, formulate conclusions on complex tax issues and present conclusions succinctly to leadership.
- Expertise with legal/compliance requirements for payroll tax and experience ensuring compliance with those standards, regulations and laws.
- Advance payroll knowledge and experience working within a payroll operations organization.
- Knowledge of HR, Payroll, reporting applications and system integrations. Preferable Workday, ADP Vantage, and ADP Reports.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge including pivot tables, v-look-ups, complex formulas.
- Strong written and verbal skills; able to relay complex information succinctly and at all levels.
- Attention to detail - demonstrated the ability to consistently deliver upon a high level of accuracy to ensure risk is minimized at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish organizational goals.
- Able to balance strong customer service needs against business objectives.
- Experience performing multiple functions of payroll
- Extensive Payroll experience with a 10k+ multi-state employee base
- Experience with applying the Lean Sigma Principles
- CPP certification
- Bachelor's Degree
• At least 18 years of age.• Legally authorized to work in the United States.• High School Diploma or GED.• Pre-employment background screen.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top