OCA Compliance Manager
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comOCA Compliance Manager
The OCA Compliance Manager works with the Director of Financial Operations to administer the Outside Collection Agency Compliance Program and related procedures in accordance with T-Mobile’s policies, procedures and applicable federal regulations. This role will look forward into the evolving landscape of third party collection agency compliance to ensure we anticipate and are prepared for compliance and regulatory changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or equivalent work experience required. Minimum 3-5 years relevant compliance or audit experience
- Strong knowledge of collection related compliance regulations
- A certification such as the Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally on compliance topics to others verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze information relating to compliance
- Ability to plan strategically as it relates to the individual, team, and department responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive business information and to maintain high standards of confidentiality related thereto
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve department goals and objectives consistent with the Company’s standards of excellence
- Ability to manage multiple and/or shifting priorities, and produce professional and accurate work product, sometimes under time constraints
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or similar software programs, as well as general computer skills for daily activities, research and presentation (power point and template) skills
- Desire to increase learning and gain further expertise on financial services compliance matters
- Provide compliance structure and oversight to all areas of the department, including all third party agencies, regarding federal and state laws, rules and regulations to include but not limited to FDCPA, TCPA, CFPB, etc.
- Responsible for compliance oversight of monthly, quarterly and yearly monitoring and audit inspection of third party agencies and department, ensuring sound structure and that industry best practices are maintained
- Act as subject matter expert on all regulatory and compliance related subjects as they pertain to the collection of debt (FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, etc)
- Act as department point of contact for compliance investigations from 3rd parties related to the operational or collection practices of the OCAs or the department.
- Liaison with Corporate Compliance, Corporate Risk and Audit and any other internal department in regards to risk and compliance, act as focal point for all department deliverables
- Manage/track outstanding remediation activity on an ongoing basis through internal reports and logs, ensuring all mediation deadlines are met
- Oversee compliance training for internal employees as well as vendors
- Ensure all contractual and compliance related documentation is reviewed regularly and maintained current
- Create and regularly execute risk control testing plans for the department to monitor that controls continue to operate effectively
- Assist in communication with third party agencies on all audit, regulatory and compliance reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top