MTS, Cybersecurity â€" Cyber Security Resilience
Are you an industry leader in the field of cyber security resilience or within your own large organization? Then it's time to make a move to a company that is redefining the entire Wireless Industry T-Mobile! We are currently seeking a Member of Technical Staff or MTS (which is an individual contributor role, for someone with a Director level amount of experience and responsibility in the past). We look forward to seeing your application!
As MTS, Cybersecurity in our Digital Security Organization, you will provide thought leadership in cyber security resilience and/or machine learning and AI to improve cybersecurity. You will leverage your engineering background and knowledge of systems resilience elements such as availability and reliability engineering and develop cyber resilience strategies, roadmaps, and implementations. You will leverage knowledge of advanced big data analytics, machine learning and AI, and other algorithms in the cybersecurity domain .
The MTS Cybersecurity will help ensure that our software, systems and infrastructure are designed and implemented to achieve the highest cyber resilience. Specific tasks may include working with systems engineers and architects in IT and Engineering and developing design and architectural patterns to enable cyber resiliency; conduct technical security assessments to highlight risk and help develop remediation approaches to mitigate associated findings while helping T-Mobile teams and partners improve security. Work closely with other T-Mobile Engineers to design and build proactive methods to enhance our security posture.
This role is tasked with partnering with our cybersecurity teams and technology partners to design and build the data science and measurement systems focused on identifying cybersecurity threats and anomalies that will drive our ability to improve our cybersecurity posture. The MTS leverages emerging "big data" technologies relevant to cybersecurity. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of advanced applied analytic approaches (particularly causal inference, advanced modeling, etc.) as well as a strong vision of how data science and engineering can improve signal to noise ratio in cybersecurity.
- Compile, develop, and deliver security architectural guardrails for cyber resilience; influence stakeholders and ensure compliance with security architectural guardrails within many technology domains that support the needs of project teams to reliably launch new and application enhancements
- Drive the security evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing project teams and technology architecture peers
- Draft and implement security considerations in development processes, management plans and contract deliverable schedules (baselines), operational troubleshooting and training
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide security issues to team. Lead the other architects and the rest of the team members in the team in coaching them around the security areas of their function
- Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Serve as a security subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements. Determine how to leverage technology to create solutions that satisfy the cyber requirements
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, estimate and recommend optimized solutions for business opportunities
- Provide critical security architectural inputs during RFI and RFP process
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team
- Create High-Level Solution Design (HLSD) in support of Cyber Projects and present HLSD to senior leadership during Capital Assessment reviews
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality, and process flows
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solution
- Educate organization on available and emerging toolsets
- Present solutions to clients, project teams, and other stakeholders adapting style to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail, time management, work prioritization, multi-tasking, estimate tasks, on-time deliverables and task delegation & follow up
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to define service delivery landscape
- Work in an ambiguous, large and complex organization on tight-timelines
- CISSP and/or CCSK and/or CCSP and/or CISA/CISM certification a plus
- Technical background and experience in one or more of the following Networking, Systems, Security, Cloud security, Data Security, Threat Management, Pen Test OR
- Extensive experience in Big Data, in relation to Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence, with good exposure to cybersecurity
- Understands and relates business needs as they pertain to security
- Ability to collaborate with business users to understand requirements and data relationships
- Excellent customer management skills including the ability to use personal initiative and to be a "self-starter
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with security tools and technologies
- Experience building technology solutions in an enterprise environment
- Proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- Skilled in applying strategic architecture direction to project delivery using standard engagement methods
- Preferred - experience or background in Information Security, networking, applications, infrastructure, virtualization, security, and/or penetration testing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong in the following: communication, literacy, and comprehension skills
- Working knowledge of security policy, compliance and control environment related to information security
*LI-KM3 Digital Security
Master's degree or equivalent experience in a technical field
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top