Mobile Application Test Engineer
Mobile Application Test Engineer
If you are a sharp, experienced engineer with strong problem-solving skills, a solid software testing foundation, talented, detail oriented and enthusiastic tester who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new technology offered to consumers, then this job is for you. You will execute tests for software across a variety of mobile platforms. Our QA team will drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, better quality methodologies / strategies to test efficiently and release feature with quality to customer. The goal of our QA team is to build a comprehensive test suite that will be utilized to validate the solution in a scalable and repeatable manner. The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design.
The test engineer is responsible for testing consumer and enterprise mobile applications. The testing includes UI/UX validation, functional testing, stress testing and performance testing of mobile applications. The applications will be tested in T-Mobile's network and will involve working with multiple stakeholders like development team, product team and design team. The engineer should have knowledge on testing in mobile platforms, debugging skills, defect and log analysis, test case management and defect reporting. The role provides opportunity to test and release mobile applications that will have great reach with T-Mobile customers.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
- Technical Engineering Services: Supports engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate engineers on occasion.
- Innovation: Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Presents new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing system/process/service. Express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry. Review current company processes to highlight questions that may drive process refinement.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption at the engineer level.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies.
- Technology Strategy: Understands current technology that supports business goals.
- 2+ years of overall experience in software testing
- 2+ years of experience in testing native mobile applications
- Experience working with LTE/ VOLTE/ IMS/Wi-Fi telephony and messaging technologies
- Experience with test plan and test execution for mobile applications
- Experience with developing and executing test cases for functional, integration performance and stress testing
- Debugging and problem-solving skills in mobile platforms
- Self-motivated and ability to work well under pressure
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams.
- Knowledge in scripting or languages like C++, Java, Python is highly recommended
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Engineering
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top