Member of Tech Staff, Architecture Engineering Video Platforms, H&E
This position will be a member of the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of the video services platform. This position will set the direction for a team of software development and systems engineer in the design, development and implementation of the video distribution and delivery, including management of an array of video content deployed on a wide range of consumer devices.
- Architecture, development and engineering of complex IP video delivery system utilizing Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Web Server technologies.
- Research and development with content and media delivery technologies.
- Research, design ande development on end-to-end video architecture, from content acquisition to delivery. Including content management, ads, alternate content, blackouts, etc.
- Provide technical leadership and innocations within the the Video Technology engineering group and across the organization.
- Develop and promote industry leading standards for media and content, including work with industry standards groups such as IETF, SCTE, ISO/IEC, ATSC, MPEG, etc.
- Development of technology roadmap based on input from Product, technology evolution, team direction, industry and market trends, etc.
- Extensive development and design of formal requirements and specifications documents; drive vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software solutions; design, building and documenting internal technolody solutions.
- Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product.
- Work jointly with the Product and Technology development teams to innovate, integrate and identify/resolve issues.
- Design product instrumentation and test automation.
- Extensive experience with architecture and design of video and content ecosystems, including but not limited to video encoding, video packaging/conditioning, content delivery networks (CDNs), origin servers, digital rights managements (DRM), content management systems (CMS), asset management systems (AMS), etc.
- Strategic thinker with ability to analyze industry and market trends and ability to align and lead business.
- Experience working with XML and web services interfaces including SOAP, JSON and REST.
- Deep knowledge of network technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, Anycast, etc.
- Experience with development and support of large scale production systems working within a 24x7 operations environment.
- Experience with rapid development and deployment environments that practice continuous integration and development, Agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and application of coding and scripting required (Go, Java, Python, PERL, Bash, etc)
- Ability to work independently but also within a team environment including being technical lead.
- Ability to work across a broad technical organization to drive innovation and change.
- Creative problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of industry related engineering experience.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top