Managers, Engineering Radio Frequency (RF) Deployment
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPosition summary
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Managers, Engineering Radio Frequency (RF) Deployment located in Tempe, AZ will lead a market team of individual contributors responsible for RF optimization and design of the GSM/UMTS/LTE/VoLTE/X-LTE voice and data network, under the direction of the Senior RF Manager. Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Improve network performance, minimize cost, ensure consistency within the department, and work with subordinates to maximize coverage, capacity, and productivity.
- Assist Senior RF Manager with staffing unit or department, including interviewing and selection.
- Set team goals to achieve market and regional KPI targets and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Establish assignments for direct reports, develop a training curriculum, and implement a training network.
- Apply GSM/UMTS/LTE network deployment and optimization and basic call flow concepts, and understand advantages/disadvantages of various mobile phone standards.
- Review the work of engineers using RAN theory, OSS tools, and Radio Network Performance tools to optimize and troubleshoot the GSM/UMTS/LTE network.
- Support engineers in creating a site design for all outdoor and indoor site types by utilizing antenna theory, propagation modeling, RF planning tools, and Site Design Process, and ensure cell site regulatory compliance standards are met.
- Provide support and technical assistance as necessary to Sales and Customer Care teams.
- Leading engineering teams and development projects to deploy 4G LTE/VoLTE/X-LTE technologies within the wireless space.
- Coaching and mentoring engineers to improve individual successes, while delivering on timelines with high accuracy and quality.
- Utilizing antenna theory, propagation modeling, RF planning tools, and Site Design Process to design new outdoor, indoor, DAS, and Small Cell PICOsites.
- Utilizing RAN theory, Nokia OSS tools, and Radio Network Performance tools to conduct GSM/UMTS/LTE/VoLTE/X-LTE optimization and troubleshooting.
- Creating engineering training curricula, processes, and procedures to improve results and maximize productivity.
Experience and education requirements:
- PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related, and 3 years of relevant work experience.
- ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related, and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Location: Tempe, AZ
- Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
- This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
How to apply:
- Visit www.tmobile.jobs.
- Create a candidate profile, and apply to requisition number 90686BR.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top