Manager, Vendor Management
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comLeadership role of vendor management (Operations and Technical) analysts responsible for day to day vendor issue resolution, technical collaboration between the vendor and technology teams and analytics of overall vendor performance. Develop and maintain ongoing vendor performance programs, vendor analytics and documentation. Manage the workflow of the vendor management team to ensure effective support of the technology organization in following key areas: vendor performance management, relationship management and technical/strategic risk management. Oversee a team of Analysts (Operations and Technical) that will assist multiple Vendor Managers in data gathering and reporting. Objective of the vendor performance management team is to provide a framework to manage and deploy vendors and vendor relationships, manage the vendor relationship to deliver best value to T-Mobile, develop and improve metrics to drive improved performance and productivity, and strengthen the overall business relationship.
- 5+ years' experience managing direct reports
- 5+ years of telecommunications/Wireless Industry experience in the areas of Engineering, Finance or Carrier Management desired.
- 5+ years of Vendor Management, IT, Engineering or Carrier Management experience.
- 5+ years' evaluating Vendor Performance.
- Proven analytical skill and ability is essential. Experience with data analytics tools (excel, SQL, Tableau).
- Experience with financial planning systems (eg., SAP, Marketplace).
- Must be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams to accomplish assignments.
- Must have flexibility in managing workflow on a daily basis. Must use individual discretion on how much time to spend on a task based on the priority set by the management team.
- Must be a contributor to the organization and develop an understanding of the telecommunications environment. Begin to develop broad knowledge in all aspects of wireless telecommunications (network, regulatory etc.)
- Ability to Communicate and oversee cross-functional or company-wide initiatives
- Ability to lead the implementation of policy or organization structure changes
- Ability to determine headcount, skill sets and other resources needed to accomplish the mission of the department(s)
- Ability to influence executives regarding strategy to achieve business objectives
- Ability to coordinate and integrate staff activities and resources across functional teams to implement strategies
- Ability to Identify and propose alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources and other operating issues
- Familiarity with telecommunications industry, wireless industry preferred. Transport/Network knowledge recommended.
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal/communication skills and be able to build consensus across teams. Ability to work cross functionally to identify areas of concern or opportunities. Ability to communicate with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Enterprise Core Competencies: Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Offers valuable Vendor analytics insights to vendor management team to developvendor management strategy and planning.
- Leads discussions alongside procurement colleagues to develop statements of work (SOWs) and understand any currentrequests for information (RFIs),requests for quotations (RFQs) andrequests for proposal (RFPs) that are in the pipeline.
- Leads independent analysis and follow domain specific technology trends to become an expert in some of the overall 10 domains that TMUS EIT is moving to.
- Leads vendor performance management team responsible for conducting vendor evaluations / business reviews forcompliance, effectiveness and performance (Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) & Executive Business Reviews (EBRs). Drive accountability, from both T-Mobile and vendors in regards to implementation, service levels and adherence to T-Mobile's contractual obligations. Uses performance data to identify performance trends, recommend and implement actions that deliver strategic improvements in vendor performance.
- Represents T-Mobile as a primary contact with the Vendor for performance, escalations and resolution. Builds and maintains relationships with vendors to align and manage expectations of servicesdelivery/reliability. Leads and serves as communication point for escalations to resolve vendor delivery/reliability issues.
- Uses advanced data analytics and directs his/her team of Analyst (Technical and Operations), form a defendable opinion on vendor landscape within TMUS in that domain.
- Monitors and communicates vendor financial and operational impacts to the T-Mobile technology teams. Collaborate with cross functional groups including Technology, Engineering, Operations and Finance. Team is responsible for developing outlining appropriate technical terms and conditions governing T-Mobile relationships.
Relationship and People Management Skills:
- Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure ongoing communication and cooperation between vendor management and operations with a focus onvendor performance and managing cost while maintaining satisfactory service levels regarding network availability, SLAs and KPIs with respect to vendor engagements.
- Coordinates activities/communication between internal teams and vendors. Partners with leadership to help determine areas of improvement on service reliability, cost savings and quality improvement. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding service delivery/operating issues.
- Hires, trains, develops and motivates staff. Performance management, coaching and development
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top