Manager, Technical Training
Manager, Technology Training
Like all things here at T-Mobile, the Technology Training Team takes an Uncarrier approach to technical training. We deliver innovative and creative solutions that fit within the busy workdays of our Technology teams; allowing them to stay on top of an ever-changing industry. We are not your traditional learning development team! We have a variety of platforms that go way beyond traditional eLearning solutions like: Tech Academy, TechByte videos, in-depth Technology Certification programs and a Technology Leadership development program to name a few. We are looking for an energized leader that can take this team and its programs to the next Uncarrier level; inspiring innovation and leveraging leading-edge technologies to keep our technical teams ahead of our competition.
This position is responsible for managing a combined team of employees and vendors consisting of Instructional Designers, Project Managers, Learning Management System Administrators and a full Multi-Media team. This high performing team is focused on managing dynamic learning solutions that are relevant, timely and applicable to meet the needs of the T-Mobile Technology organization
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires proficiency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Manage, support & develop the team of Project Managers, Instructional Designers and Associates
- Develop and maintain a consultative relationship with key stakeholders to identify learning requirements
- Work with vendors as needed to develop assessments, content, systems, etc. to support delivery
- Ensure all training meets and supports T- Mobile's Training initiatives and measurements
- Examine and validate need for training, and identify learning goals
- Work with subject matter experts to obtain information and validate courseware content
- Assure overall quality of the learning content to exceed customer expectations
- Leverage a variety of learning platforms to provide creative learning solutions, including video, eLearning and virtual subject matter expert led training
- Promote best practice in adult learning techniques, course delivery, course logistics, reporting, instructional design and learning intentions for all levels of participants
- Coordinate implementation of newly developed learning content with internal customers and outside partners
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training by developing and implementing post-instruction evaluation tools and criteria, such as evaluations, focus groups and learning observations
- Partner with other internal learning groups to share best practices
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed
- Minimal travel may be needed
- Two to four years people management experience
- Experience with budget management / procurement
- Experience managing a training delivery or curriculum development
- Ability to manage multiple programs in parallel and ensure they are delivered on time
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment, multi-task, and work within aggressive timeframes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal and team workforce development skills
- Training software experience (ie - Adobe Connect, Captivate , ELMS).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Instructional Design, Education, Communication or related field, or equivalent work experience
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top