Manager, Tech Product and Solution Management â Payments Services
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDo you enjoy supporting innovative solutions that solve real engineering problems at scale? Do you enjoy moving fast and supporting business needs responsibly? This is the position for you.
Technical Product and Solution Manager is responsible for managing the team involved in development and management of the integrated product and services roadmap across products and services to optimize market plan performance, revenue growth and profitability objectives. The role will partner with key business stakeholders as well as product and solution development teams to execute long-term strategies from ideation through integration. The role requires application of the technical knowledge to take products and services through the entire lifecycle - from roadmap definition, requirements specification, feature and release prioritization, risk identifications and communication to key stakeholders.
- 7+ years' experience in a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst experience in an agile software product development environment.
- 1+ years' experience in a leadership role.
- Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated application of all facets of lifecycle and technology operations.
- Collaboratively and objectively assesses benefits, costs, and viability of proposed solution options and drives alignment across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to leverage business knowledge, sound judgement, and resourcefulness to determine appropriate course of action in challenging, ambiguous situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to engage with and present ideas to senior leadership. Provides key input to facilitate decision-making process.
- Minimum of 5 year work experience is preferably in the payments industry as product manager
- Understands payments flows end to end and payment functions in retail and eCommerce
- Partners with the business to drive strategy, prioritization, approach, and goals of initiative.
- Prepares of high level solution design decks for VP review.
- Functions as a key project decision maker.
- Serves as a SME of existing functionality for a channel.
- Manages project inception activities, including Feature & Epic breakdown and MVP scope definition.
Partners with Senior level resources to define technology strategy approach for initiatives and to provide recommendations on scope delivery phasing/workstreams.
- Serves as technical owner (accountable IT representative) and is responsible for technical stewardship of a small to medium sized project.
- Supports and delivers business/technology initiatives in an analyst, project management/program management or product management capacity.
- Owns the business relationship and drives refinement of the project vision, including business case, impacted customer segments, business problem to be solved, and technology roadmap/strategy alignment.
- Supports Project Manager with post design delivery phases until final initiative deployment.
- Owns scope decomposition and negotiation of MVP for cross domain initiatives.
- Performs day-to-day management of business stakeholder relationships on cross domain initiatives.
- Provides leadership in evolving design and orchestrates across domain teams.
- Supports Project Management on escalation resolution for design phases.
- Acts as a liaison for intake process to DevOps technology teams.
- Owns the product end to end as well as roadmap at the technology/functional level.
- Partners with business and internal/external stakeholders to understand current customer experiences, identifies areas of opportunity, create and manage product vision and roadmap.
- Manages product backlog and priorities with our business and technology partners.
- Leads product backlog grooming sessions partnering with key resources.
- Views the "big picture" of challenges impacting the customer experience, including the technical, functional, process, and policy considerations, and creatively defines solutions to those challenges.
- Informs and evangelizes a strong customer focus and customer experience that aligns decision making with IT investment choices and prioritization.
- Works with business to identify and articulate initiative scope, benefits and ROI.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to plan and manage product releases.
Relationship and People Management
- Identifies/analyzes/synthesizes information, applies critical thought and presents the information in a clear and meaningful way.
- Partners with different IT teams and Business to ensure clarity on assessment impacts alignment with scope of project.
- Communicates technical and functional requirements and approaches effectively and efficiently.
- Identifies improvements, makes critical decisions and works with subject matter experts throughout the organization to implement solutions.
- Multi-tasks while managing projects from end-to-end, in a demanding and rapidly-changing environment.
- Effectively presents to leadership within the organization.
- Performs design delivery on initiatives, including scope negotiation, solution alignment and timeline management.
- Works independently as well as collaboratively.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
- Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top