Manager, Systems Design & Strategy
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.We’re currently looking for a Manager to join our Core IP Engineering organization, which has responsibility for the overall design and long-term evolution across the IP network including the core IP network, security and mobile backhaul.
This Manager will lead a team of engineers toward continuous improvements in the existing core and edge infrastructure, while validating designs and continuously auditing the existing network configuration to ensure consistency and quality in design and deployment. This leader will also have responsibility for work flow management and validation of changes to the production network, working closely with the implementation and operations teams to maintain high quality in change control and new deployments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and numerous competing initiatives to effectively prioritize scarce resources
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguities and changes in business environment
- Communication skills are critical to this position.
- Ability to provide clear and concise written communication
- Ability to present complex technical solution to senior leadership.
- Ability to customize communication to the audience, in particular customizing complex technical problems and solutions to the audience.
- Must have high sense of accountability and a desire to excel in leadership
- Must be fluent in technology trends and applicability of existing or emerging technologies for T-Mobile business problems
- Must be pro-active and creative in identifying business challenges and matching innovative solutions
- Desirable to have understanding of common network security controls.
- Desirable to have an understanding of certificate management and PKI infrastructure.
- Desirable to be conversant in IP network technologies
- Desirable to have experience in vendor management.
- Desirable to possess an understanding of compute and storage solutions.
- Lead a team of 10 or more FTEs
- Identify staffing requirements; interview and make recommendations for hiring
- Identify training needs for employees; plan and implement training resources
- Conduct performance evaluations, build employee career development plans
- Prepare yearly budgeting requirements, manage team budget for CAPEX and OPEX
- Responsible to establish the network security vision to align with T-Mobile’s mid-range goals (24 months)
- Enhanceperformance of existing networks, identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead the creation, development and realization of strategic initiatives
- Provide expertise to business, design, regulatory, marketing, product, standardization and operational support teams.
- Identify new trends and changes related to network design and adjusting team structure to proactively meet these needs.
- Lead critical path projects on behalf of the larger IP team
- Partner with internal and external customers to prioritize network initiatives.
- Partner with cross functional organizations to facilitate project delivery.
- Advise infrastructure team of needed equipment inventories and provide budgetary guidance for customer initiative and capital project needs.
- Represent organization during project planning and kickoff phase
- Assist in the leadership of “Design Review” function
- Analyze new potential vendor partners and suppliers
- Generate, disseminate, evaluate RFIs and RFPs for technology selection
- Conduct technology evaluation / selection
- Ensure the appropriate knowledge transfer and support to Infrastructure Design Services is provided.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top