Manager, Systems Design & Strategy (Configuration Mgmt. Automation)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comManager, Systems Design and Strategy (Configuration Management Automation)
Who you are: A technology leader with a passion for representing your team, knocking down barriers, making improvements in your area and those around you. A person experienced or curious about enterprise class configuration management automation platforms. You are comfortable with change, and ready to help us continue to challenge the status quo in the wireless industry.
Who we are: We are T-Mobile USA. We're looking for a candidate to lead a team of server delivery automation engineers responsible for our Puppet and SCCM automation infrastructure. Come join our team to help design, implement, and run the Configuration Management automation infrastructure enabling some of the epic moves T-Mobile is making in the industry. Be involved as we innovate new solutions to more quickly, reliably, and effectively deliver platforms to our partners. Act as a liaison between technical teams and management and to work effectively within and outside the organization to deliver value to the business.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Strong Leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, empathy, listening skills and ability to build consensus across teams.
- Familiarity with managerial accounting and statistical analysis including metrics driven decision making, dashboard KPI identification and reporting, and similar facts and data to drive solid business decisions.
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency for organizational/team goal setting.
- Understands how to transform teams to stay ahead of developing technology trends such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS for private/hybrid/public clouds
- Knowledge of and experience with operational teams and standards in an enterprise environment as well as an understanding of development/app teams' interaction with Operations
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office for developing professional presentations and developing metrics dashboards.
- Knowledge and working experience in Configuration Management technologies such as Puppet, Chef, SCCM, Ansible.
- Knowledge and working experience leading teams in the development of continuous testing/integration/delivery pipelines, server build pipelines and server patching pipelines.
- Strong understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies including sprint planning, daily stand ups and use of Agile tracking/management technologies such as Jira/Confluence.
- Knowledge of SAN, NAS and S3 blob storage
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Linux and Unix as well as the popular scripting languages such as PowerShell, Ruby, Python and Perl (3+ year's experience preferred)
- Knowledge of clustering software and techniques, packages and package failover
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to lead and motivate a staff in a growing, flexible environment, utilizing diversity in approach and methodologies.
- Knowledge of public cloud service offerings (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), as well as private onsite cloud technologies with VMWare. (3+ year experience preferred)
- SerivceNow infrastructure and development a plus broad knowledge, but having experience on the platform is a plus
- VMware vRealize Automation knowledge a plus. (2-3 year experience preferred with broad knowledge of the platform)
- Experience in an environment with enterprise-level regulatory compliance requirements such as SOX, PCI, CPNI, GLB and/or HIPAA (5+ years preferred)
- Experience developing and driving SLAs/OLAs within projects and for daily operations
- Ability to put it all together to get work done while keeping it light and fun
- Bachelors Degree. in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Management, Leadership Development, and Coaching: Leverages goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Understands and communicates the functional group's vision and creates alignment of their area to that vision. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity and talent pool planning. Creates an environment for ongoing peer development.
- Organization/Vendor Contacts: Engages cross-functionally with other department management, concerning progress or outcomes on major initiatives. Engages in cross-functional contacts to develop collaborative partnerships with peers and top management. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources and other operating issues. Persuades others or gains the acceptance of decisions affecting other. Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Obtains quotes and negotiates purchase for vendor supplied SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- System Design Development and Approval: Make final approval on network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Allocates and leverages resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/projects/services across function. Analyzes options and makes decisions on complex issues. Resolves complex problems that have implications beyond own area.
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies; values and appreciates the absolute necessity of documentation in the Information Technology discipline
- Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Contributes to budget development and implementation, manages resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepares and presents business cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and allocate resources. Processes and tracks POs against quarterly/yearly forecast.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top