Manager, Systems Design & Strategy
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comManager, Systems Software Engineering
Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do?-you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules.
T-Mobile's software development team develops a wide variety of technologies that change how millions of users connect and interact with one another. We work on diverse areas including native Android and iOS clients, authentication and access, services, security, user interface, data persistence and analytics, tools and automation, etc.
This role is responsible for managing the entire lifecycle for new and existing products that design and deploy configuration changes within the T-Mobile Network. Responsible for product definition, business case definition, product experience and launch strategies. Leads product manager(s) and software engineers associated with all phases of the product lifecycle. This position will work very closely with Senior Leadership, developers, analysts and technical delivery managers working on multiple automation efforts.
We operate in a fast-paced environment using agile methodology. We encourage innovation and expect high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.Experience
- 7+ years' experience designing large scale large scale business systems applications.
- Management/leadership of development resources 3-6 years, including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for 4 large projects.
- 3+ years' experience assessing and implementing successful, focused, integrated product development plans.
- Knowledge of new product development processes and product life cycle management.
- Knowledge of financial drivers, experience in managing return on investment objectives. Ability to create forecasts, financial models and budgets.
- Ability to influence, lead and coach cross functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas.
- Experience with JQuery, AngularJS and Node.js
- Hands on experience with cisco router products and Cisco IOS, NXOX, XOS.
- Experience with REST API integration
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture, deployment, and development patterns
- A four year degree in Business, MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Functional/Technical Skills
- Product Management Responsible for strategy, development and execution of new applications in the portfolio. Responsible for identifying unmet internal consumer needs and translating those into products that will generate resource efficiencies and improved time-to-market. Grows portfolio through organic growth as well as development of new lines of business. Executes new product introductions and maintenance of existing portfolio. Responsible for approval of all concept drawings, prototype, pre-production, FAI and production samples.
- Go-to-Market - Responsible for ensuring timely delivery and launch strategy for new products.
- People Management/Leadership- Accountable for managing, training and growing engineers. Oversees all tasks and projects and acts as coach and mentor to develop the team. Provides coaching, direction and leadership to team members.
- Proven experience building, leading, mentoring and managing both full time employees and contingent workers
- Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of team deliverables and solution design for quality, consistency, potential impacts to other processes and systems.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of various network protocols used in real time applications and how to interpret observations in field to make improvements to networking components.
- Good understanding of software development life-cycle methodology
- Excellent written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME's/executives to drive to solutions within defined processes
- Proven ability to plan large efforts in small bundles and short sprints maintaining continuous delivery and cumulative value for the business
- Able to build and leverage strong relationships with both internal and external partners
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, self-directed environment required
- Experience in working with interfacing technologies and their responsible teams, to efficiently resolve interconnection issues in production and non-production environments
- LI-TECH-AS1We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top