Manager, Systems Design & Strategy
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis is a technical management position which provides leadership and direction to professional staff that are responsible for T-Mobile's network/systems design, deployment, evolution and strategy. They typically manage multiple functional areas. Develops engineering objectives for their functional areas and ensure engineering plans are aligned with business objectives. Develops operational plans to align with business objectives and establishes activities/projects that drive goal achievement and collaborates in setting strategic direction for their functional area.
- and empathy.
- Strong skills including listening skills and ability to build consensus across teams.
- Mastery of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Familiarity with managerial accounting and statistical analysis
- Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Able to lead research and publication of technical papers
- Strong proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency for organizational/team goal setting
- Problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Deep knowledge of GSM, UMTS, VoIP, LTE and IMS required
- Experience with communications protocols and technologies such as: IP, IPSec, TLS, SRTP, RTP, SIP, SS7, TCP/IP, UDP and Diameter
- Knowledge of network engineering topologies, virtualization and components including HLR, MSS, EPC, CSCF, AS, HSS, SBC, SeGW, ATCF, ATGW and MRF
- 4+ years technical management experience in a large corporate IP, IT or Wireless Service provider networking environment
- 4+ years of experience in budget forecasting and budget tracking with a high degree of accuracy
- 4+ years of experience creating and presenting technical and financial business cases to senior management
- 4+ years skilled at management of RFI/RFP process, capital acquisitions and contact negotiations
- 4+ years effective organizational objectives/goal setting and achieving experience
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Management, Leadership Development, and Coaching: Leverages goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Understands and communicates the functional group's vision and creates alignment of their area to that vision. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity and talent pool planning. Creates an environment for ongoing peer development.
- Organization/Vendor Contacts: Engages cross-functionally with other department management, concerning progress or outcomes on major initiatives. Engages in cross-functional contacts to develop collaborative partnerships with peers and top management. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources and other operating issues. Persuades others or gains the acceptance of decisions affecting other. Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Obtains quotes and negotiates purchase for vendor supplied SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- System Design Development and Approval: Make final approval on network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Allocates and leverages resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/projects/services across function. Analyzes options and makes decisions on complex issues. Resolves complex problems that have implications beyond own area.
- Adherence to Engineering Best Practices: Ensures that Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features are properly approved and executed within GMR standards. Works with Region or Market to ensure best practices (RF, Operations, Network) are spread across the organization.
Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Contributes to budget development and implementation, manages resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepares and presents business cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and allocate resources.
- Bachelor's Degree. Technical discipline
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top