Manager, Systems Architecture Eng
Manager, Systems Architecture Eng
As a part of T-Mobile Core Voice and Data Network technology team, the Systems Architecture Manager will manage a team that design, develop, validate, integrate and support IP Multi-Media Services for T-Mobile customers.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Links business goals to everyday actions and priorities.
- Coaches and develops team members for long term growth
- Provides input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses to meet budget.
- Technology and System
- Recommends new technology directions in collaboration with design and architecture teams.
- Plans for and ensures that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions.
- Manages intra-carrier and inter-carrier interoperability of next-gen voice, video, messaging and more IP Multimedia Services that T-Mobile offers to its customers.
- Continually reviews opportunities, creates and maintains business cases for cost savings initiatives like consolidating switch offices and enhancing returns on investment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how real-time services are delivered over wireless and wireline IP data networks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of inter-carrier domestic and international roaming services.
- Project/Program Management
- Works with peer and upper management to understand/define project and business priorities; schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
- Constantly improves the processes, tools and methodologies used in the design, development, validations and integration cycles.
- Delivers high quality products and services on time and within budget.
- Relationship and People Management
- Oversees technical relationships with multiple vendors and competing carriers, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified individually contributing team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength; and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
- Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
- Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
- Also responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- 10+ years of overall wireless and wireline telecom industry experience as a service provider and/or equipment vendor.
- 5-7 years' experience of developing and/or operating wireless telecom technology services.
- Management experience with design, validation and integration staff is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences or in a computer programming related field, or equivalent experience.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Diego L.Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top