Manager, Software Development
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comManager, Software Development
Responsible for the management of Development team building Services, and the associated applications that T-Mobile uses to support multi-channel sales teams and processes. This individual will assist in building the strategy for planning and deployment of services eco-system to improve sales productivity and efficiency. This individual will interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to automate sales processes and enhance our current eco-system and implementation. This position has significant impact for our sales channel and ensuring that we deliver pursuant to T-Mobile's Digital Architectural Axioms .
- 10+ years of experience as a developer, technical project management, or related leadership role in software development.
- Knowledge of the following is required; architecture, product development using C++, Java/Objective C, JSON, messaging protocols, and Micro Services.
- Expertise in Data, Big Data and cloud technologies like PCF, Apigee, AWS, MS Azure is highly desirable.
- Expertise in optimizing build processes, project management and release models.
- A strong track record of successful project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
- Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project with multiple teams in support of business goals
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies and proven leadership skills to guide teams.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Build and maintain working relationships with your stakeholders so that you understand their needs and can provide technical direction to support their objectives
- As you will be a leader of the software development team, you will need to stay abreast on technology and other trends impacting the micro services and APIs technology so that you can anticipate and advise leadership on future direction of the product
- You are expected to function as a partner with your stakeholders and work to achieve a team goals
- Lead multiple project and/or dev ops teams to successfully deliver solutions which meet the short and long term objectives of the business
- Develop Vision, Strategy, and Innovative Roadmap to support improvements by having a thorough understanding of the business needs as well as technology best practices
- Work to develop an intake process that records opportunities, benefits, priority and work with business stakeholders to prioritize the product backlog for each sprint
- Work with your Business Partners to drive prioritization and systematically solve for conflicting goals across the teams
- Ensure work focuses on iterative improvements in alignment with T-Mobile's Digital Architectural Axioms
- Coordinate with Business Partners to ensure comprehensive understanding of the businesses need and accurate estimates are provided to evaluate investment
- Act as the technology owner for prioritized projects
- Manage the team to work with the Business Partners to collect stakeholder requirements and ensure clarity of the requirements supports each sprint and roadmap objectives
- Accountable for working with Business Partners to make project trade-off decisions
- Understand and communicate sprint and project success metrics and report on performance.
- Drive Execution of Technology Delivery and ensure quality, speed and of each sprint and project delivery.
- Ensure stakeholders participate in developing, reviewing, and executing on delivery items
- Escalate Issues and Risks to project teams and leadership and support project and business & technology partners with issue resolution
- Provide timely and accurate communication to leadership and stakeholders regarding product, sprint and dev ops activities
- Build and manage your teams to success
- Effectively lead, mentor, coach and counsel your team members
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top