Manager, Software Development and Operations
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
The Manager, Software Development & Operatoins will have an instrumental role, leading and growing a great DevOps team working in the Products & Services domain at T-Mobile. We are looking for a passionate individual with technical expertise and a desire to manage a team who develops, tests, and provides operational and production support for the applications and systems for which they are responsible.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus, and inspirational leadership.
- Proven experience building, leading, mentoring, and managing a team of DevOps engineers, and successfully operating in an iterative delivery model (Agile, Scrum, Kanban).
- Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of team deliverables and solution design for quality, consistency, potential impacts to other processes and systems, and proper use of development principles
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one.
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME's/executives to drive to solutions within defined processes.
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and delivery risk
- Able to learn complex business operations quickly, work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, team-driven environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives.
- Experience with Java, Spring, .Net, SQL, Oracle databases, and COTS products is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture, deployment, and development patterns
- 2-3 years of experience with RESTful APIs
- Lead a DevOps team of 7-10 engineers to design and implement features and use cases for new functionality and enhancement to existing products.
- Define, manage, and promote various activities for DevOps practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous monitoring.
- Accountable for ensuring delivery excellence while maintaining a product over project mindset.
- Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Define, manage, and promote various development activities for DevOps practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous monitoring.
- Work collaboratively with the software engineering team to design continuous integration best practices, deploy applications, and automate operations and processes.
- Plan staffing needs and allocations to support product development, cross-functional initiatives, and day-to-day operations and support.
- Be responsible for the scheduling and on-time delivery of your team's deliverables; perform code reviews for features developed by your team.
- Display a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrate strong initiative to make things happen.
- Display strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge that benefit T-Mobile and its employees. Strong awareness of technology industry trends and best practices is key.
Leadership of Development Team Members
- SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
- DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
- HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing large scale business systems applications.
- Management/leadership of developer resources 3-6 years, including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for concurrent large projects.
- Minimum overall IT experience, 10 years.
- Bachelors Degree. Technology
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top