Manager, Software Development
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Service Development Manager will have an instrumental role, leading and growing a great development team to design and build APIs, microservices, enterprise services, and developer tools enabling an awesome consumer developer experience. This manager is responsible for providing development, maintenance, support, and enhancement services for T-Mobile systems that support critical business functions.
Required Functional/Technical Skills:
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and delivery risk
- Able to learn complex business operations quickly, work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, team-driven environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details, keep calm during excitement, and keep sight of overall objectives.
- Proven experience building, leading, mentoring and managing
- Experience in working with interfacing and integration technologies
- Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of team deliverables and solution design for quality, consistency, potential impacts to other processes and systems, and proper use of development principles
- Experience in multiple phases of SDLC and types of SDLC, including Agile methodology, as well as waterfall.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one.
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME's/executives to drive to solutions within defined processes.
- Able to build and leverage strong relationships
- Proven ability to lead dispersed and remote teams, including off-shore resources.
- First-hand knowledge with REST API consumption
- Knowledge of SaaS, PaaS, and other cloud based technologies
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture, deployment, and development patterns
- Experience with financial services, such as payment and credit
- 2-3 years of experience designing REST APIs
- Experience with an API Management product and Developer Adoption program
- Minimum 8 years of experience developing large scale business systems applications.
- Management/leadership of developer resources 3-6 years, including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for 4 large projects.
- Minimum overall IT experience, 10 years.
- Lead development teams to plan, design, and implement APIs and services allowing graceful and efficient access to platform services and capabilities
- Assist with evangelism of the APIs, services, and capabilities the team builds to enable efficient client applications that are quick to market
- Accountable for ensuring delivery excellence while maintaining a product over project mindset
- Work with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process to prioritize and scope future features and capabilities.
- Work with business and IT leadership to prioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
- Plan staffing needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support.
- Ensure service levels are understood and supports them being met.
- Communicate effectively with IT management, business partners and peers.
- Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Display a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
- Display a strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge that benefit T-Mobile and its employees. Strong awareness of industry trends and best practices.
- Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Guides technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
Leadership of Development Team Members
- SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
- DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
- HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
- A four year degree in Business, MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top