Manager, Software Development â Payments Services
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDo you enjoy supporting innovative solutions that solve real engineering problems at scale? Do you enjoy moving fast and supporting business needs responsibly? This is the position for you.
Builds, develops, and manages a team of developers, who will establish and help in building & maintaining a solid operational data store (ODS) environment. Ability to rapidly deliver world class software solutions to T-Mobile business customers primarily focused on supply chain needs (e.g., Demand planning, Inventory Management, Forward & Reverse logistics, etc.) but expanding into marketing, finance, sales and other areas with similar operational reporting needs. Works very closely with IT partner teams working on multiple projects with operational reporting requirements.
- Minimum 7 years' professional experience designing and developing applications on Java Springboot framework
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing or supervising a team of developers.
- Has had technical leadership experience on at least 5 large scale projects, providing leadership to at least 4 Software Engineers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Experience in delivering software prouducts following agile methodologies and managing scrum team
- Expertise in Java, Microservices area and advance level skills in J2E Application Framework, Springboot, Sonarcubes, Cassandra or other nosql DBsetc.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-management and commitment to delivery timelines.
- Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analysis implications to a wide audience.
- Strong skills in coding, troubleshooting, debugging, and Jenkins, Test automation tools, CI-CD-CT, postman script, Junit testing,.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures and NOSQL DB structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Proficiency with Github, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Eclips environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor technical management and technical professionals.
- Ability to organize several teams and focus on best practices, particularly regarding coding standards and quality assurance.
- Strong working knowledge of life cycle management processes.
- Minimum of 5 year work experience is preferably in the payments industry
- Understands payments flows end to end and payment functions in retail and eCommerce
Technology and System
- Performs demand planning, inventory management, forward & reverse logistics or delivering software solutions for supply chain life cycle.
- Works with SQL Server 2008/2012 suite including SSRS, SSRS, SSAS, and T-SQL, Power BI and Cloud BI solutions.
- Performs data modeling and ETL, metadata management & looks after data quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how data is extracted, transformed, scrubbed and loaded in a large DW environment with data originating from many source systems.
- Leads Business Intelligence technology proof of concepts.
- Collaborates with business/systems analysts and developers on the efficient use of Microsoft BI and other visualization tools.
Demonstrates working with MPP systems such as Teradata and familiarity with Big Data / Hadoop platform.
- Monitors and measures work tasks to ensure deliverables are provided on time and within budget.
- Constantly improves the development processes, tools and methodologies used in the development group.
- Delivers high quality products on time and within budget
Relationship and People Management
- Manages technical relationships with assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
- Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
- Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top