Manager, Software Development
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPosition Purpose
The Financial Services EIT Manager position is responsible for managing several large business facing IT teams/resources that drive improvements to the Financial Services Lending & Leasing, Credit Decisioning, Credit Risk and associated processes. As a Manager you are responsible for building and maintaining a close relationship with your business partners to drive progress of improvement at a rapid pace. You will work directly with the business to ensure that solutions satisfy business needs, proper work backlogs are established and prioritized and that solutions which are created either in-house or using external hosted solutions are implemented successfully. You should be ready to interact with key business areas which include Credit Risk Management, Lending and Leasing originations and servicing, financial product development, Marketing and other touching organizations.
- Excellent understanding of the credit business lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of technologies which support the credit business lifecycle including but not limited to: loan & lease originations, loan & lease servicing, credit risk management, credit decisioning, and collections strategy and the associated accounting & controls impacts
- Excellent ability to build strong teaming relationships with your stakeholders
- Excellent track record of working with business stakeholders to deliver products using either a traditional waterfall or agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Agile and Dev Ops
- Working knowledge of - Project Management, Product Management, Change Management, Release Management, Risk Management, Financial Management, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis & Design and Operations support
- Working ability to lead, mentor and develop your team members
LEADER COACH COMPETENCIES
SETS PERFORMANCE DIRECTION
Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
Creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
Broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Lets direct reports finish their own work.
DEVELOPS AND COACHES OTHERS
Has awareness of each person's career goals; holds development discussions; and provides challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
HOLDS PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE
Monitors progress and results; gives feedback effectively and makes tough decisions when appropriate.
Key areas of focus:
- Build and maintain working relationships with your stakeholders so that you understand their needs and can provide technical direction to support their objectives
- As you will be a leader of the Financial Services team, you will need to stay abreast on technology and other issues impacting the financial services industry so that you can anticipate and advise the business on direction of the product
- You are expected to function as a partner with your stakeholders and work to achieve a common goal
- Lead multiple project and/or dev ops teams to successfully deliver solutions which meet the short and long term objectives of the business
- Develop Vision, Strategy, and Innovative Roadmap to support improvements for our Financial Services, Credit Risk, Marketing and Accounting Stakeholders by having a thorough understanding of the business needs as well as industry technology best practices
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities and current state
- Work to develop an intake process that records opportunities, benefits, priority and work with business stakeholders to prioritize the product backlog for each sprint
- Work with your Business Partners to drive prioritization and systematically solve for conflicting goals across the teams
- Work with Your Business Partners to manage the backlog and develop program roadmap
- Ensure work focuses on iterative improvements making changes based on capacity of our teams and creating a big picture approach to avoid just for now solutions
- Coordinate with Business Partners to ensure comprehensive understanding of the businesses need and accurate estimates are provided to evaluate investment
- Act as the technology owner for prioritized projects
- Manage the team to work with the Business Partners to collect stakeholder requirements and ensure clarity of the requirements supports each sprint and roadmap objectives
- Question and push back on solutions which do not support the long term roadmap for the products
- Accountable for working with Business Partners to make project trade-off decisions
- Understand and communicate sprint and project success metrics and report on performance.
- Drive Execution of Technology Delivery
- Ensure quality, speed and of each sprint and project delivery.
- You will be responsible to represent the technology enablement of business needs to drive delivery
- Ensure stakeholders participate in developing, reviewing, and executing on delivery items
- Escalate Issues and Risks to project teams and leadership and support project and business & technology partners with issue resolution
- Provide timely and accurate communication to leadership and stakeholders regarding product, sprint and dev ops activities
- Build and manage your teams to success
- Learn and execute on T-Mobile specific processes to support your products and teams
- Effectively lead, mentor, coach and counsel your team members
BA degree or equivalentWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top