Manager, Software Development
Manager, Software Development
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of DTD, this position is responsible for leading multiple cross-functional DevOps teams following Scrum methodology to build custom web-based applications. The team primarily supports the Customer Care frontline teams, but the application portfolio extends to Retail as well.
This will be an innovative leader who ensures their teams are operating with a high degree of quality and efficiency, meeting the business needs and being a key enabler of T-MobileÃ¢â,¬â¢s identity as the Un-carrier.
- Lead delivery teams executing key business projects for the frontline.
- Develop and mentor employees on the teams.
- Ensure proper execution of the functions on the teams, including Technical Product Management, Software Engineering, Test Automation Engineering, Operations, and Scrum Master.
- Embody a "We build it, we own it" mentality
- Serve as liaison with other Dev teams and domains.
- Set and drive team performance goals, assess and coach on individual performance goals.
- Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity and talent pool planning.
- Proven experience building, leading, mentoring and managing both full time employees and contingent workers
- Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of team deliverables and solution design for quality, consistency, potential impacts to other processes and systems, and proper use of development principles
- Minimum 5 years application development, architecture, or technical product management with large-scale business systems
- Minimum 3 years experience with Scrum or Kanban
- Minimum 3 years of progressive leadership experience in setting technology strategy, software development, engineering, and operations.
- Understanding of Telecom technologies and industry best practices
- Excellent written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one
- Proven ability to plan large efforts in small bundles and short sprints maintaining continuous delivery and cumulative value for the business
- Able to build and leverage strong relationships with both internal and external partners
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, self-directed environment
- Cloud architecture proficiency
- Software development background
- Experience managing teams spread across multiple sites
- BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s degree in business or technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- MasterÃ¢â,¬â¢s degree preferred
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top