Manager, Repair Depot
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Manager, Repair Depot
Manager is responsible for day-to-day coordination of Depot activities including (but not limited to), monitoring progress towards completion of team projects/workload, fulfilling market spares requests, supporting Reverse Logistics Sr. Manager, reporting status to leadership, coordinating team efforts, supporting and communicating team needs, as well as day-to-day supervision of direct report techs within Depot. The Manager works in close contact with both management and techs to ensure project processes are optimized and effective. Where applicable, the Manager will also manage the Repair Depot team in other remotely located Depot(s), and will ensure standard practices are in place across Depots. Manager is able to provide vendor management capabilities as applicable. Manager facilitates implementation of new programs/processes where needed as additional Depot projects are introduced. Takes on technical and project-related efforts, providing proactive communication. The Manager has a solid understanding of theory and application related to project management, radio access networks, data services, and location-based services. Manager is responsible for process design and implementation, and is able review and analyze existing processes for improvements. Emphasis on continuous improvement and creating a best-in-class Depot that efficiently manages inbound material for reuse, disposition/liquidation or other. Manager and team responsible for meeting all SLAs around spares fulfillment of market requests, driving towards exceeding expectations. Manager is able to review, assess, and provide data-driven recommendations for material consolidation, liquidation, or reuse. Must have the ability to review, analyze, and report on data. Manager is self-directed, passionate, and proactive in soliciting projects for the Depot that provide value to the business.
This is a go-getter position! Looking for an active and engaged leader who is ready to identify and take on projects, leading an exceptional team to provide value to the business!
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 5-7+ years' experience in Operations and maintenance, project/facilities management, process design and/or warehouse management
- 5+ wireless telecommunications or other related experience
- 5+ years people management (supervisor or manager level)
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
- Solid understanding of theory and application related to RAN.
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work effectively with remote teams
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Actively solve problems using creativity and innovation
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Solid understanding of theory and advanced understanding of application related to transport.
- Demonstrates continuous desire to learn and develop personally and professionally.
- Openly share ideas to help gain efficiency, solve problems, or add value to the business.
- Quickly adapts to change, seeking to understand the whole picture to best adapt
- Collaborates with team members, actively participating in discussions toward achieving results.
- Provides inspirational leadership and brings out the best in the team
- Supports key projects, as identified in Essential Functions, providing day-to-day updates to leadership as directed.
- Solid communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities and projects
- Hands-on, active and engaged leadership with strong Depot floor-level engagement constant awareness of what's going on on the floor with an eye for active troubleshooting or improvement
- Desire to learn all Reverse Logistics processes and provide backup as needed
- Excellent MS Office skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- 2 years ALM (asset tracking/tagging) and inventory management system experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Leadership Responsibilities: Provides day-to-day supervision of Depot techs. Identifies and distributes workload and related tasks, tracks, monitors, and reports on team progress, reinforces process requirements and best practices. Supports immediate team needs where possible and escalates to leadership where necessary. Maintains staff results by coaching, monitoring, and appraising job results. Responsible for functional reports as requested for manager review
- Project management: Takes on projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested.
- Vendor Management: Monitors and holds vendors accountable for established SLAs and expectations. Provides, monitors, analyzes, and reports regularly on performance metrics.
- Operations: Supports processes and goals related to Depot projects, including: Spares management: Receiving, fulfilling, and transacting spares requests (using the CHAT, CATS and any other identified inventory management tools) within SLA, shipping/receiving and maintaining accurate inventory information for spares units. Ensures all appropriate scanning activity in CATS and updates required in CHAT are completed and accurate for asset lifecycle management. Spares harvesting: Recovering units from harvested materials to use in spares management program, cabinet rebuild program, or other programs as needed. Other projects: Additional projects/programs may be added to Depot team scope of work as identified. May include (but are not limited to): reconfiguration requests, preliminary unit testing, part-specific software updates, etc. Manager is expected to consistently reach out to market/national teams for projects that provide additional value
- Continuous learning: Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company values and organizational requirements.
License or Certification
This position requires the incumbent to be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects (weighing no more than 75 pounds.) This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requir
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top