Manager, RCS Messaging
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.This is a technical management position which provides leadership and direction to energetic, high-performing technology team that is responsible for T-Mobile’s IP messaging systems design, deployment, evolution and strategy. This role entails managing the evolution of Rich Communication Services (RCS). The Manager for RCS Messaging will partner with Product Realization, Marketing teams, and mobile device vendors for requirements, integration, and overall service experience. They will also develop operational plans to align with business objectives and establishes activities/projects that drive goal achievement and collaborates in setting strategic direction for their functional area.
- Demonstrated Leadership & management skills, including self-awareness, and empathy.
- Interpersonal skills including listening skills and ability to build consensus across teams.
- Mastery of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts, with experience in wireless messaging services and protocols.
- Working knowledge of managerial accounting and statistical analysis.
- Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Working knowledge of wireless messaging services including SMS, MMS, and RCS.
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Able to lead research and publication of technical papers.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong proficiency for organizational/team goal setting.
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- 5+ years of experience creating and presenting technical and financial business cases to senior management.
- 5+ years of effective organizational objectives/goal setting and achieving experience.
- 3+ years of technical management experience in a large corporate IP, IT or Wireless Service provider networking environment.
- Management, Leadership Development, and Coaching: Manages a team of high performing engineers in Systems Engineering and Strategy. Leverages goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Understands and communicates the functional group’s vision and creates alignment of their area to that vision. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity and talent pool planning. Creates an environment for ongoing peer development.
- Project Management: Lead the team through short-term and long-term project goals. Set and exceed project milestones and deadlines. Leverage team resources to deliver innovative, effective technology solutions for internal and external customers. Interface and interact with cross-functional teams to collaborate on task resolution. Manage activities of individual contributors.
- Vendor Management: Drive vendor roadmaps to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Establish and promote standards for technology solutions for vendor adherence. Obtain quotes and negotiate purchase for vendor-supplied SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Organization Contacts: Engages cross-functionally with other department leadership, concerning progress or outcomes on major initiatives. Engages in cross-functional contacts to develop collaborative partnerships with peers and top management. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources and other operating issues. Persuades others or gains the acceptance of decisions affecting other.
- Talent Acquisition and Workforce Management: Determine headcount requirements. Identify, evaluate, and select internal and external talent.
- System Design, Strategy and Architecture: Make final approval on system design and strategy documents as required for new systems and features. Allocate and utilize resources to implement innovative ideas, processes, projects, and services across different cross-functions. Analyzes options and makes decisions on complex issues. Resolves complex problems that have implications beyond own area.
- Financial and Fiscal Responsibilities: Contribute to budget development and implementation. Manage resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepare and present cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership to gain approval of capital expenditures and resource allocation. Process and track POs and receivables against quarterly/yearly forecasts.
- Development and Adherence to Engineering Best Practices: Ensures that lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features are properly approved and executed. Works with Operations to ensure best practices are spread across the organization.
T-Mobile USA, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top