Manager Product & Technology (Atlanta - Multiple Openings)
- Atlanta, GA
Our Product & Technology team is looking for leaders with proven success with aligning top talent and technologies that bring to life T-Mobile's innovative experiences for customers and front-line employees! These individuals champion an inclusive culture that enables developer-led innovation, forms product-based organizations, contributes to open source communities, and builds high-performing agile work teams. Here at T-Mobile, we're looking for self-guided empowered leaders who believe in the servant leadership philosophy that can drive & deliver results!
The Manager is responsible for executing the design, product and technical build, support and maintenance of a key product or limited product portfolio, as well as the supporting technology capabilities and infrastructure that support that product in an driven environment. Your success will be measured on your ability to lead a robust team who can rapidly deliver innovative and industry leading software solutions to internal teams. This role is also directly accountable for developing strong and productive relationships outside your direct teams with Customer or Customer representative teams, partner organizations, dependent technology teams, and supporting vendors. Direct reporting line may include team(s) of Product Manager(s), Product Owner(s), technical and solution architecture, DevOps management, UI / UX, Test, as well as full stack Software Development.
Strategy, Vision, and Analysis
- Works in collaboration with Sr Manager and /or Director to develop strategy, plan, goals (outcomes) for their scope of business. Collaboration should extend to teams within P&T and external partners.
- Supports Product Team with enterprise process to secure and maintain product funding. Works to resolve any blockers or issues with product funding.
- Designs and develops methods and tools to measure team performance striking a balance between customer or technology-based innovation, quality, speed to market, Agile team velocity, cost.
- Assists with providing product vision, strategy, roadmap for product(s) or group of products, methods and frequency of customer research and feedback, ROI analysis / funding, including identification.
- Regularly cascades to direct reports Vision, Strategy, and goal-based communications from the executive and direct leadership.
- Develops change management and communications plans, and executes or drives execution connected with internal change initiatives originated by direct leadership or P&T leadership.
- Participates in organizational design thinking/ strategy to best structure the team and leverage resources. This includes periodic review of current and anticipated staffing capacity.
- Develops and maintains culture, process, and consistent action for continuous improvement across Agile teams.
- Supports learning and adoption of Lean principles.
- Partners with peers in Software Engineering, Architecture, etc. to apply Lean Principles to meet key objectives.
Business & Technical Execution
- Regularly provides review and guidance to Product Management team on execution related responsibilities.
- Product Backlog structure and prioritization, process.
- Participation in Big Room (Program Increment) planning, and other major Agile sessions and ceremonies.
- Customer reviews and demos.
- Customer and Leadership level communications.
- Fosters strong working relationships with high dependency delivery teams outside of reporting vertical (Engineering, other P&T teams.
- Manages delivery accountabilities of vendor or vendor resources as appropriate.
- Communicates with Product and Development teams frequently to remove barriers or obstacles to achieve efficient product delivery.
- Works collaboratively with Product Team, Release Train Engineers (RTE's), Scrum Masters, Dev Tea to identify and eliminate waste in the delivery cycle or process. When resolution requires influence beyond their level, drives structured upward communication and feedback to seek resolution.
Relationship and People Management
- Creates clear and measurable goals for the team aligned to company, department, functional area objectives.
- Regularly observes and creates opportunities to observe direct reports and note positive, as well as constructive feedback. Shares and reviews feedback with his/her team members in a timely manner.
- Gathers regular feedback about direct report performance, relationships, etc. from Agile teams, customer teams and synthesizes the information into meaningful, actionable feedback for their direct report(s).
- Fosters strong, collaborative relationships with customer and customer representative groups at all levels for self and Product team.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail, and able to clearly communicate business value and technical and delivery risk.
- Offers mentoring and direction to the team that supports training, career development plans and provides assignments with growing levels of responsibility.
- Provides timely developmental feedback, conducts performance reviews and regular Sync discussions with all team members.
- Creates an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Individual will be responsible for attracting, hiring, retaining a high performing, full stack, team of Product Managers, Software Developers, architects, other members of technical staff to support products and platforms.
- 6 -8 years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
- 2 years of experience managing or supervising a large team of developers.
- Knowledge in software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Knowledge of the overall execution relating to all aspects of an agile development team, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives.
- Fluent with SQL, Tableau, other analytical solutions like SAS, SPSS.
- Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.
- Proven track record to effectively and efficiently communicate with leadership, while employing collaboration and influence.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify/analyze/ synthesize product use data.
- Ability to work effectively in a high demand, fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering, IT or equivalent experience.
- Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Back to top