Manager, Payment Operations / Chargebacks
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comManager, Cash Applications Operations
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 5-7 years' experience in payment operations.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with managing chargebacks (dispute resolution)
- Thorough knowledge of Chargeback cycle for all card schemes and experience with delivering winning strategies to improve success rates in reduce Chargebacks from occurring.
- Strong people leadership and ability to manage team remotely.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem solving & analytical skills.
- Comfortable with giving one on one coaching and feedback.
- Strong customer service, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent time management and decision making skills while effectively handling high volume situations with little management over-site.
- Aggressive, persistent and inquisitive personality.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups; internal personnel, customers, and/or employees of organization.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Responsible for being a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more Payment Operations subject areas, may be asked to develop and implement best practices as well as train others on these best practices.
- Provide tactical ownership of payment policies, procedures, and strategies to support the rollout of new payment products / service offerings.
- Accountable for achieving weekly and monthly performance targets as set by Director of Payment Operations.
- Create the strategic vision to transform the payments exceptions processes to include defining optimal chargeback representment solution.
- Define and implement overall chargeback strategy that increases success rates while partnering with payments risk to define upstream loss mitigation rules at checkout.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations, coach, and manage an offshore support team to set and achieve defined targets and performance metrics.
- Create and maintaining forecast for operational volumes with external vendor. Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and daily service levels are met.
- Responsible for leading a team of chargeback analysts offshore with goals to improve representment and success rates.
- Regularly review and implement process improvements with the aim of minimizing costs and maximizing efficiency.
- Maintain strict adherence to payment regulations (with focus on chargeback rules).
- Develop/define performance dashboard in partnership with reporting team. Provide a high standard of customer service while maintaining or exceeding the established standards for chargeback productivity and quality work while also communicating chargeback anomalies, or fraud trends (based on received chargebacks), and sharing ideas and information.
- Single POC for customer and operational escalations/issues. Help trouble shoot root cause and implement course correcting actions quickly with minimal loss and customer impacts.
- Be an advocate for the operations team across the business by liaising with stakeholders and ensuring the payment team's needs are met
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top