Manager, Occupancy Planning
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Manager, Occupancy Planning
The Manager, Occupancy Planning is a key member of Corporate Real Estate (CRE) and leads the team that serves as the central point of contact for all business units regarding headcount growth/reductions and space requirements in the T-Mobile Corporate Real Estate portfolio. The OP Manager proactively collaborates with customers to develop space plans and occupancy options that align with the business strategy and workplace resource supply. The OP Manager applies planning analysis, and facility and design expertise to optimize and adapt allocation of scarce resources including office space, furniture and related commodities in a dynamic workplace environment.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 10+ years’ experience in a corporate environment supporting a real estate portfolio or occupancy planning
- Demonstrates high level of customer service with the ability to manage customer expectations
- Capacity to drive CRE initiatives while understanding and advocating customer needs
- Demonstrates flexibility in an ambiguous and fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in financial analysis and CRE metrics, with the ability to understand and explain CRE project costs and their financial impact upon the customer
- Executive communication skills
- Ability to analyze workplace data and engage with customer to develop innovative solutions
- Previous experience in space/occupancy planning at a strategic level, plus experience with interior office renovations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of automated tools and systems used to plan CRE resources (CAFM, AutoCAD, etc.), as well as current and emerging shared resource environment initiatives such as Workplace Unleashed.
- Bachelors Degree. Architecture or related design degree
- Additional work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Manages the OP Staff Support. Guide planners in their key role to provide OP services to customers and act as first line of escalation and support. Coach and develop planners to continuously improve their occupancy planning acumen. Provide performance management feedback to the Director.
- Customer Engagement. Communicates and works regularly with various levels of management within the customer groups. Sets and communicates expectations, defining feasible solutions while complying with CRE guidelines, processes and resource constraints.
- Supply/Demand Planning. Balance customer requests with supply and demand, scan the workplace for alternatives and matches requests to resources (buildings/locations and projects). Review and analyze all supply and demand data and interprets, reconciles, and consolidates for customers, resulting in recommendations for projects. Develop and update long-range occupancy plans. Allocates blocks of space to different groups within a building or across a campus.
- Change Agent. Educate users on CRE methodologies and alternative work environments (Workplace Unleashed) and associated costs of scenarios analyzed. Support Workplace Strategy organization with pilot and scale deployment.
- Project Support. Support the development of restack plans. Support MAC activities. Communicates with supporting departments such as EIT, Security and Finance. Interact frequently with external CRE vendors to coordinate activities.
- Responsible for OP System. Participate in process and tool improvement activities. Support integrity of data in CRE CAFM tools and databases.
- Provides structure, feedback and direction. Creates clear and measurable desired outcomes. Holds self and others accountable. Mentors and contributes to organizations body of knowledge on process design, modeling, execution, monitoring and optimization.
- Manages the team that performs Moves-Add-Change requests and Furniture procurement, storage and inventory for facilities.
- Manages contracts and vendors. Acts as a liaison between Management and vendor/partners on contract development, execution and vendor management.
- Acts as Liaison and provide leadership for team and area of responsibility. Provide leadership, direction and coaching on project specific tasks as well as individual professional development. Ability to see, account for, and coach others in the “big picture” as well as the details and to be able to tie Corporate RE initiatives to Corporate Goals.
- Utilizes demonstrated ability to establish goals, manage to and evaluate personnel against established goals.
- Recruit and hire personnel with appropriate skill-sets that can work effectively in the T-Mobile environment and assess, coach, and review.
- Collaborates with TMUS Engineering, IT, and Corporate Real Estate for special facilities related projects.
- Summarized findings and recommendations for action or consideration by the client;
- The status of major initiatives affecting planning decisions for the sites;
- Develop migration plans and sequencing of group-level moves / relocations;
- At a macro level develops scopes, schedules and budgets for project moves to occur based on global master plan strategy;
- Facilitates and/or resolves planning issues identified in the customer planning meetings;
- Ensures planning is aligned with corporate guidelines, and that all scenarios maximize use of space;
- Recommends, educates and enforces space policies/standards, procedures and protocols and notifies client of customer requested exceptions;
- Collaborate with Project Management, Facility Management and Transactions on all Site Rationalization Efforts
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top