Manager, Materials Inventory Planning
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comInventory Control Manager is responsible for managing inventory in two national warehouse facilities located in TX and NJ. These facilities activities include inbound OEM receipts, outbound fulfillment, returns, repair, disposition, etc. This position will work with the national warehouse teams and material planning to set optimal inventory levels, drive accuracy, improve performance, and eliminate storage of underutilized material. This individual is a hands-on leader with a commitment to constantly re-evaluating inventory supply and its effective utilization. The manager will be responsible for coordinating efforts for material movement and reporting status to leadership. The role will be required to work closely with the Reverse Logistics to ensure standard practices are in place for material disposal and routing to suppliers for disposition. The Manager will champion new programs/processes implementation where needed.
- 5-7+ years' experience in warehouse operations, inventory management
- 5+ wireless telecommunications or other related experience
- Familiarity with cell site equipment and use, with an eye for repurposing materials
- Strong leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively manage team of direct reports in local and remote locations
- Openly share ideas to help gain efficiency, solve problems, or add value to the business.
- Quickly adapts to change, seeking to understand the whole picture to best adapt
- Heavily scrutinizes actions to ensure the customer experience is protected to the greatest extent feasible.
- Strong Microsoft Office applications and extensive SAP knowledge
- Solid knowledge of ALM and associated control systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to travel as needed (estimated 30-40% of time)
- Understands how to pull and review material information to identify opportunities to better utilize existing inventory or to process underutilized inventory to end of life
- Understands existing processes for material reuse and disposal and ensures compliance
- Manage the warehouse inventory audit processes to determine inventory record accuracy
- Generation and distribution of weekly inventory accuracy using cycle counts.
- Develop and implement reporting tools to effectively communicate warehouse inventory metrics
- Develop and implement data analysis tools/techniques to effectively determine root cause of discrepancies
- Ensures all appropriate scanning activity in Capital Asset Tracking System (CATS) and warehouse management systems (WMS) are accurately completed for asset lifecycle management (ALM).
- Timely communication of inventory issues with the operations management
- Provide weekly and monthly management reports - inventory accuracy, aging inventory and adjustments
- Identify and drive interdepartmental communication and process improvements in areas of the business Develop, maintain, and manage standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Implement and manage a process of continuous improvement
- Identify if and when full physical inventories are required.
- Quantify and report inventory shrink in the warehouse
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top