Manager, Managed Services (Tier 2 Teams)
Manager, Managed Services (Tier 2 Teams)
The T-Mobile Service Operations Center Event Management team is on the cusp of leaping into the next generation of development taking their effectiveness and efficiency to a whole new level and we are seeking a leader who can help spearhead this metamorphosis. This position is suited to a change leader who can help drive continuous improvement in performance and capability by applying creative and objective thinking techniques to solve common and unique challenges.
The Manager of the SOC is responsible for managing a team that provides support for the various business units, systems, and vendors within the T-Mobile U.S., MetroPCS brand, Billing, OSS application layer and an assortment of peripheral systems through basic remote network surveillance and first tier trouble shooting. The qualified candidate will understand how organizations function to accomplish their goals, driving daily objectives of application support and providing the best possible service to the groupÃ¢â,¬â¢s dependent thereof. The qualified candidate will interact with Enterprise and Engineering application support teams, market, regional and national departments to assist in developing processes, new tools and planning/scheduling workload execution.
The position requires a solid leader that promotes a healthy work environment, good active listening skills and is ultimately accountable to both internal and external customers for the results his/her team delivers.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of SOC Specialists to achieve Event Management standards compliance and customer experience reliability metrics (Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- Maintain a high level of employee morale within the team through open communication.
- Resolve daily issues of complex scope that impact the team and overall business objective.
- Develop and enhance cooperative interdepartmental relationships and communications of a broad scope throughout the company.
- Oversee project management; actively participate in budget management, coordinate the development of standards with their peers, develop and issue reports and notifications, and help lead major network recovery efforts.
- Management activities include employee recruitment, ongoing performance management, compensation administration, work time approval, education and development, goal setting, and team-building activities.
- Coaches and develops direct reports, fostering a team environment and a culture of excellence. Conducts ongoing coaching and career development with direct reports (bi-weekly/monthly 1-1 coaching, quarterly reviews, quarterly goal-setting, etc.). Promotes rewards and recognition programs.
- Serves as escalation point for all issues while on shift and verifies relieving managers have the matter in hand when they go off shift. Maintains engagement even when off shift and remains aware of conditions affecting the network on a 7x24 basis unless on PTO or otherwise assigned. Audits and maintains integrity of operations-centric data in all engineering systems including proper closure of tickets/tasks and work-log updates.
- Ensures compliance with and adherence to all T-Mobile policies and procedures including all internal SOC procedures.
- Promotes fiscal responsibility and actively manages operational expenses (overtime, reward and recognition, training).
- Ensures that all work stations, displays, and applications, and the general SOC environment is maintained or faults are reported in a timely manner to the responsible teams and follows up on the repair efforts.
- Actively participates and solicits input in identifying and eradicating inefficiencies and low value efforts (waste) in order to drive team effectiveness.
- Oversee vendor (manage service) of a Tier 2 application support team.
- Conducts vendor evaluations / business reviews for compliance, effectiveness and performance and identifies areas of improvement for cross functional teams.
- Develops Vendor Scorecards. Additionally, provides reporting of scorecards; including vendor performance, trends.
- Provides escalations to vendors for all operational issues.
- Help determine ways to improve service reliability and reduce cost
- Escalates issues to Vendor and help drive to resolution
- 4+ years technical experience in telecommunications, applications support, or system infrastructures.
- Experience in leading and managing a group of technical employees involved in diverse work. (2+ years of experience preferred.)
- Thorough knowledge of management/leadership principles. (2+ years of experience preferred.)
- Vendor management
- Tier 2 application support team experience. (2+ years of experience preferred.)
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Possess strong analytical skills & strong knowledge of troubleshooting techniques.
- Proficient knowledge of TCP/IP, WAN/LAN principles, basic data base theory, Wifi, server cluster configuration, application support and architecture, network topologies, operating systems, hardware and software configurations and trends in technology.
- Practical experience implementing new toolsets, standardizing processes and governance and effective management of team adoption and change management by applying Lean principles, critical thinking and objective analysis.
- Leadership and coaching skills; fosters teamwork and cross-functional cooperation in order to create a positive work environment in a local or virtual team environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/activities, adapt to change, and refocus to recover quickly.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development, and negotiation skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level.
- Ability to develop and analyze data from multiple sources. Conversant with basic statistical methodologies.
- Working shifts days/nights & weekend days/nights as this position operates in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Basic computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; vendor-specific network navigation; T-Mobile systems.
- 2 +yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ experience in leading a large dynamic team with multiple direct reports.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast paced environment where change is the norm, not the exception.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top